Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My new darkroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: My new darkroom Reply with quote

Hi guys, managed to get my new darkroom finished with the help of the xmas holidays, 10 years after losing my last one. hope to get cracking this weekend, can already smeel the pyro!, a few pics attached.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Nice idea to have not only a darkroom, but a whole house! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My x wife was moving last October and leaving my prize shed behind, so I went round and dismantled it as it was to good an opportunity to miss, haven't got the space indoors.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a shed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so good idea. Enjoy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty cool! I hope you'll manage to get a satisfactory vent system too.
May I ask you, why twin enlargers? BTW, I didn't know that Rollei made enlargers at all, seems to be top notch,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 enlargers as one is set up for 6x6 and the other for 35mm, there is a different light box for 35mm and as I picked the second one up for less than £10 it made sense.
I do have ventilation by extractor fan which is not shown and has no light leakage, as there is no proper revolving door I also sectioned off an entrance, so I have basically a double entrance in an attempt to avoid outside contamination.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RDE 67 enlargers are very good and very well engineered, and as the model states will print negs upto 6x7, also has a standard 39mm screw mount, so most lenses dont need adapting. They also make a Rolleimat enlarger but I do t know much about those, think they are basic black and white type s with filter drawers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, very well organized.

I also like the shed. it looks good inside and out.

Phil