Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Manual Focus Lenses on Flickr [Updated: 2008-05-29]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: My Manual Focus Lenses on Flickr [Updated: 2008-05-29] Reply with quote

Updated: 2008-05-29

Hello,

I never have the time to upload my website correctly so I finally bought a Flickr Pro account to upload my pics quickly and organize them easily by genres, places, events or lenses...

That's a cool way to share some samples. Later I'll post some 100% crop from each one. Stay tuned!

The MFLenses folder

I will regularly update this post when I will upload new or old pics I shot with my MFLenses.

Peleng 1:3.5 8mm (89 pics) 4 new pics

SMC Pentax-M 1:2.8 28mm (48 pics) Lens sold

MC Sigma Mini-Wide II 1:2.8 28mm macro (9 pics)

SMC Pentax-M 1:2.8 40mm pancake (3 pic) 2 new pics (Lent by Flor27)

SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 50mm (130 pics)

Mamiya / Sekor 1:1.4 55mm (41 pics) 7 new pics

Helios 44-2 1:2 58mm (2 pics) 2 new pics

Helios 40-2 1:1.5 85mm (39 pics) 20 new pics

Panagor 1:2.8 90mm macro (22 pics) 1 new pic

Tamron 1:5.6 300mm (1 pic)

Revuenon 1:8 500mm (1 pic)

I will try to put a pic of each lens in situation on my K10D like I did here:

Manual Focus Lenses

Enjoy!

Last edited by trypode8 on Wed May 28, 2008 9:52 pm; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection, and quite complete. You only need a 135mm and a 200mm.

About Flickr, many use it, I also have an account but I only put there some test shots because Flickr policy allows Yahoo to make full use of your pictures, in whole or cropped, for promotional purposes related to Yahoo or the linked companies.
Don't know if you or others are aware of this - I just thought it was a good occasion to remind this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, really nice! Especially way how link here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation! Added you as a contact.

Orio wrote:
About Flickr, many use it, I also have an account but I only put there some test shots because Flickr policy allows Yahoo to make full use of your pictures, in whole or cropped, for promotional purposes related to Yahoo or the linked companies.
Don't know if you or others are aware of this - I just thought it was a good occasion to remind this.

Is that really true? Even if you do not add to the CC licence models and put all rights reserved into your profile? Will need to check that...
Well, I hardly have any professionally usable pics in there anyway. Wink

" What considerations have been given to copyright?
We offer the ability for you to associate a Creative Commons licence with one or all of your photos. You can find out more on this page.
If you see your work in someone else's photostream, please submit a Notice of Infringement to the Yahoo! Copyright Team. Information on how to do this correctly is here, and there's a link in the footer.
"

" I've found my photos on someone else's website, what do I do?
There are a few ways that your photo might be displayed outside of Flickr, but still hosted here. Some of the ways include:

* Blogs
* Tag search applications
* Web-based games (often fun memory based programs)
* Screen savers (displaying most recent uploads, or photos from Explore, etc.)
* Desktop photo display widgets (like Apple's Dashboard or Yahoo! Widgets)
Through the Flickr API, it is possible to construct such websites and applications that query Flickr's publicly available photos via tags or user ID and build dynamic content that displays photos in interesting ways. If they are properly using the Flickr API and abiding by the requirements, the photo as seen on the page will link back to the photo page as it is found in your photostream and it will be for non-commercial use. The actual image itself is not hosted on that site, but the display will probably look different than what you are used to.
Some people are not comfortable with this, and we understand that. To that end, we allow our users to opt-out of applications that query Flickr's database using the API. Your photos will still be searchable on Flickr.com and you will still be able to use third party sites for your own stream if you give them permission via the authorization process. Separate from the API Opt-out, we offer the opportunity for users to hide the 'Blog This' button above your images. This will prevent people from using Flickr's integrated blogging feature found above a photo, though it is not a guarantee that your photo will not be blogged manually.
Note: There are a few instances where your image may be hosted on Flickr, but someone has just linked to the static image element and not through to your photostream itself. This is against the Flickr Community Guidelines. If you have questions about that, feel free to drop us a note via Help by Email.
"

/Taken from Flickr FAQ/

(Sorry for OT)

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super trypode
I had only time to check the pentax 1.7 and they are all first class

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to search now but this is not the clause I was referring to

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all! Razz

About the Flickr "crappyrights": I have to say that I feel like an amateur. For the moment, I'm exercise myself. My pics are 1024 - 1600 pixels max, I never put full scale on the Internet. If someone "steal" my photo, no problem: I don't live of it.
Thing is: on the Internet, I believe that we can't fight for our rights. If you want to protect your pictures, you have to print, expose, but never put them online (or maybe 640 pixels max). For the moment, everything I do is creative commons: you can use my pictures, but not for commercial issues.
My next problem about copyright is about the website Suicide Girls: I'll shoot some sexy sets in few weeks (with MFLenses, for sure!) but all my pics will belong to the website (but I'll be credited). That's a little scary.

Orio: I've got one 135mm, the SMC-Pentax M f:1.3.5 135 mm. No pic for the moment...
Now I want a 200mm, a 16 or 17mm, and a 35mm! And a 40' Pancake, and a f1:1.2 50 or 55mm... Rolling Eyes

Attila: Thank you Very Happy

LucisPictor: aren't you on a MFLenses group? How can I join it?

poilu: Thank you! I'm not sure to use the Pentax 1.7 for a moment, I love my new Mamiya / Sekor 1:1.4 55mm. (But I've got a big yellow spot when I shut the aperture...).

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Updated: 2008-05-06 Reply with quote

Updated: 2008-05-06

New lens:

- MC Sigma Mini-Wide II 1:2.8 28mm macro
Only one pic for the moment, more to come later.

New pics:

- SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 50mm
One black and white pic.

- Panagor 1:2.8 90mm macro
One black and white pic and 9 new eye macros with a homemade ring light:

And you can check 3 of my first shots for a project (with MFLenses) here:

Watermelon pips

SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 50mm

MC Sigma Mini-Wide II 1:2.8 28mm macro

Panagor 1:2.8 90mm macro

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a pointless technical question under the circumstances I suppose -

How did you stick all the watermelon seens on the very cooperative lady ?

You never know when such knowledge will be useful, unlikely as it may seem !

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

Laughing well... She did that herself! She is a model, so she is cooperative then. Wink

And the secret: the pips stick themself, without any kind of glue!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

I was tempted to post, that the fun is not sticking them on but licking them off. However, that would be quite inappropriate so I'm glad I didn't say that.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

I was tempted to post, that the fun is not sticking them on but licking them off. However, that would be quite inappropriate so I'm glad I didn't say that.

Yes, Chris, I'm glad you didn't say that. Your integrity is still intact! Shocked Laughing

Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

I can't wait to read your questions when I'll do my first Suicide Girls set this Saturday.
I will not be "which lens did you use for that shot?" but "how she can do that alone?"... Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

You might not have said it, but I certainly thought it. Razz

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Updated: 2008-05-21 Reply with quote

Updated: 2008-05-21

New lens:

- SMC Pentax-M 1:2.8 40mm pancake (Lent by Flor27)
Only one pic for the moment, more to come later.

New pics:

- MC Sigma Mini-Wide II 1:2.8 28mm macro
7 black and white pics and one in color.

- SMC Pentax-A 1:1.7 50mm
2 color pics and one black and white.

- Panagor 1:2.8 90mm macro
3 black and white pics.

And you can check a new set for a project (with MFLenses) here:

Emilia + Luc

MC Sigma Mini-Wide II 1:2.8 28mm macro

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good picture, I need to study to you Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hallo!
A flickr-page is a good idea to offer the pictures.
I beginn to upload my test´s and pictures to give a little help to find a good lens.
To use the full and unlimited service, I have to pay 16€ per anno, then I can post full sice up to 20MB per picture.
Now, the gratis beginner-service allows 100MB upload per month, the pictures will be uploadet full sice, but without paying, the size will be reduced of ca. 1000/1000pix.
Then, if I pay, I can use full-size.
I think, this is a good sevice and 1,5€ per month is a good price for unlimited store.

regards peter

Hallo trypode8!

You have a lot of my lenses, too, yesterday, a Sigma mini - wide find to me, now, i am using this lens.

regards Peter

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are pictures. But I am curious, what is that Peleng like? Do you recommend it to others or do you recommend them to get something else? Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that I have missed some great shots and some nice comments in this thread. Well done!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emi007 wrote:
very good picture, I need to study to you Embarassed Embarassed

Thank you! I saw some of your pics and I don't think you need to study from me, you are good too!
I love the way you take some cinema lenses to convert them for digital camera, that's a wonderful job! Very Happy

padiej wrote:
A flickr-page is a good idea to offer the pictures.
[...]
You have a lot of my lenses, too, yesterday, a Sigma mini - wide find to me, now, i am using this lens.

Yes, Flickr is very useful for me because I don't have the time to make my own website.
Oh, what do you think about that Sigma? I fell in love with it: sharp, light, clean and great for portraits and macros!

zewrak wrote:
I know there are pictures. But I am curious, what is that Peleng like? Do you recommend it to others or do you recommend them to get something else? Wink

Under 12mm, I only tried a 10-20mm. For the price, and for the fun, I recommend the Peleng, but the best thing to do is test it...

LucisPictor wrote:
It seems that I have missed some great shots and some nice comments in this thread. Well done!

Thank you! I have tons of pics to update, and no time for it... Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Updated: 2008-05-29 Reply with quote

Updated: 2008-05-29

New pics:

- Peleng 1:3.5 8mm
4 new pics

- SMC Pentax-M 1:2.8 40mm pancake
2 new pics

- Mamiya / Sekor 1:1.4 55mm
7 new pics

- Helios 44-2 1:2 58mm
2 new pics

- Helios 40-2 1:1.5 85mm
20 new pics