Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Lovely OLYMPUS FILM Cameras !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject: My Lovely OLYMPUS FILM Cameras ! Reply with quote

My OLYMPUS FILM Cameras and all 'GIFTS' TOO !! Some from Camera Club members, some from Widows of Camera Club members. BACK ROW LEFT : OM10 with Manual Adapter, BACK ROW RIGHT : OM-2n
FRONT ROW LEFT : Black OM2 Spot Program with Winder 2 and the 50mm f1.4 lens FRONT ROW RIGHT : OM-1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

I never had one, but I always admired the engineering of those Olympus OM SLRs. I used Minolta XD7/XD11 cameras for quite some time, a similar styled camera.

Both these Olympus OM cameras and Minolta XD cameras proved that 35mm SLRs could indeed be made small yet packed with features.

And both systems had a lovely and excellent range of glass available, incl. near unrivalled macro system support.

If my parents had not already set me on a path into the Minolta system at a very young age, Olympus would have been my next choice; I just never felt the need to switch because both systems are exellent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are nice to use and compact too!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've had every OM mount Olympus SLR at some time. My favourite was the OM1n.

I had an OM10, OM20 and OM40 which I used for weddings for years. Literally all three broke down at a wedding. I had to finish the job with a Yashica EZ Matic which I brought for fun.

They went sharpish thus began my love affair with The FM series of Nikons (FM, FM2, FE, FA). I only wish, at the time, that I'd known that OM lenses could be easily(ish) adapted for Nikon.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject: Olympus Ace Rangefinder & OM2 Reply with quote

You have some lovely Olympus gear!

Probably not many here are old enough to remember the beautiful Olympus Ace from 1959 (my first rangefinder) which featured interchangeable lenses.

It's still going strong after more than 60 years...

And for fun, here's a piccie of an old OM2 with the rare Zuiko 35-70 f3.6 and a 250 back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considered the OM-1 when I bought the Pentax-M system in 1981. Would even have bought into Olympus, given the publicity in the photography magazines by Lichfield, but Pentax had the cheapest 400mm among the leading makes and I had to have a 400mm lens. Still have it.

I feel that Olympus had better lenses than Pentax.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I think I've had every OM mount Olympus SLR at some time. My favourite was the OM1n.

They went sharpish thus began my love affair with The FM series of Nikons (FM, FM2, FE, FA). I only wish, at the time, that I'd known that OM lenses could be easily(ish) adapted for Nikon.

Wish I had seen something like this a lot earlier. I had a Zuiko laying around here for a couple of years. It had come to me in one of my more infamous package deals- I didn't know it was in there until I started digging. It got traded off for something or other nikonish Razz.

I'm hoping it's a glass-less adapter.

-D.S.