Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My little collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 pm    Post subject: My little collection Reply with quote

This is my small collection of lenses that I use with my Fuji X-T20, all the lenses I bought on ebay. I'm glad if you write your opinion on the lenses, the ones you have and know.

RMC Tokina 17 mm f/3.5
    Olympus OM Zuiko MC Auto-W 24 mm f/2.8
    SMC Pentax-A 28 mm f/2.8
    Minolta MC-X W.Rokkor 35 mm f/2.8
    Minolta MC-I W.Rokkor 35 mm f/1.8
    SMC Pentax-M 50 mm f/1.7
    Vivitar MC Macro 55 mm f/2.8
    Minolta MC-II Rokkor 58 mm f/1.4
    Rolleinar MC 85 mm f/2.8
    Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-T 100 mm f/2.8
    Minolta MC-X Tele Rokkor 135 mm f/2.8
    Tokina SD 400 mm f/5.6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MC Rolleinar 85/2.,8 should be a Mamiya lens. But Mamiya never made that FL in F/2,8

What do you think about the IQ of this lens?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems an impressive collection to me. Like 1 small

I don't own any of the same lenses you own, but I do own an Olympus/Zuiko
50/1.8 lens from the OM camera era. While I have not used it much, I can confirm
it is crispy-sharp, and I am extremely pleased with its color rendering
to Canon sensors of a 50D and 5D MkIV.

Last edited by SkedAddled on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
The MC Rolleinar 85/2.,8 should be a Mamiya lens. But Mamiya never made that FL in F/2,8

Auto Mamiya/Sekor SX 85mm F/2.8 : https://lens-db.com/auto-mamiya-sekor-sx-85mm-f28/

papasito wrote:

This is the last lens I bought and I have yet to try it because I don't have the adapter.

SkedAddled wrote:

Thanks! Wink
Yes, the small Olympus OM lenses are excellent.
Also using them with an APSC sensor I use the most performing part of the lenses and this is good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:

Watch this: http://forum.mflenses.com/auto-mamiya-sekor-sx-85mm-f2-8-a6000-t77625.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleSkinny wrote:
papasito wrote:

Auto Mamiya/Sekor SX 85mm F/2.8 : https://lens-db.com/auto-mamiya-sekor-sx-85mm-f28/

papasito wrote:

This is the last lens I bought and I have yet to try it because I don't have the adapter.

SkedAddled wrote:

Thanks! Wink
Yes, the small Olympus OM lenses are excellent.
Also using them with an APSC sensor I use the most performing part of the lenses and this is good.

I loved using my OM MC 21/3.5 on my NEX-7, it was my go-to lens for low light tripod shooting with my NEX-7, the OM MC 50/1.4 is also good, both handle coma quite well, so street lights don't grow wings.
currently, with my A7r, my go to lens for night shooting is my Voigtlander 15III in M mount.
Another favorite on my NEX-7 is my Leica M 28/2.8 Elmarit v3, absolutely lovely rendering.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: My little collection Reply with quote

TurtleSkinny wrote:
This is my small collection of lenses that I use with my Fuji X-T20, all the lenses I bought on ebay. I'm glad if you write your opinion on the lenses, the ones you have and know.

RMC Tokina 17 mm f/3.5
    Olympus OM Zuiko MC Auto-W 24 mm f/2.8
    SMC Pentax-A 28 mm f/2.8
    Minolta MC-X W.Rokkor 35 mm f/2.8
    Minolta MC-I W.Rokkor 35 mm f/1.8
    SMC Pentax-M 50 mm f/1.7
    Vivitar MC Macro 55 mm f/2.8
    Minolta MC-II Rokkor 58 mm f/1.4
    Rolleinar MC 85 mm f/2.8
    Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-T 100 mm f/2.8
    Minolta MC-X Tele Rokkor 135 mm f/2.8
    Tokina SD 400 mm f/5.6

Well you have the field pretty well covered with that collection.
All have good reputations from other users.
I have only a few.
SMC Pentax-M 50 mm f/1.7 - I mostly use this on my Pentax ME Super when shooting film, but it sometimes does double duty on my Fuji XE-2s.
Excellent lens that never fails to perform
Minolta MC-II Rokkor 58 mm f/1.4 I have this lens as a portrait lens on APSc (XE-2s) Wonderful at widest aperture and down to about f2.8 for portraits
Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-T 100 mm f/2.8 - I have bought this lens, but it has not yet arrived. I am hoping to use it as a short tele landscape lens for a light travel kit. Reviews that I have read are all positive
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:

There was a Mamiya-Sekor SX 85 mm f/2.8 lens tested in the German Color Photo magazine in the early eighties. So the lens existed in Mamiya, Voigtländer and Rollei versions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
the OM MC 50/1.4 is also good

I love Olympus OM and Pentax A/M lenses, excellent performance and small size., perfect for my XT20.
The Minolta 35mm 1.8 and 135mm are less comfortable, heavy and large compared to the Fuji.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: My little collection Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Well you have the field pretty well covered with that collection.
All have good reputations from other users.

So I made good choices Smile
I am not a collector and I don't want to have hundreds of lenses. I like the combination of vintage optics and X-Trans sensor, I prefer their "analog" rendering rather than the perfect rendering of modern lenses, but I have tried to choose optics with good characteristics. Obviously all this in relation to my little money.

Oldhand wrote:
I have only a few.
SMC Pentax-M 50 mm f/1.7 - I mostly use this on my Pentax ME Super when shooting film, but it sometimes does double duty on my Fuji XE-2s.
Excellent lens that never fails to perform

I was going to buy the Fuji XE-2s, then I chose the other one.
I read online many positive opinions on this lens and so I chose it, many instead snub it because they consider it an economic lens with economic performance, I do not agree.

Oldhand wrote:
Minolta MC-II Rokkor 58 mm f/1.4 I have this lens as a portrait lens on APSc (XE-2s) Wonderful at widest aperture and down to about f2.8 for portraits

For me this lens is too soft at full aperture, I prefer to close it a little. It was the first vintage lens that I purchased. At that time I didn't know anything about vintage lenses but I was lucky and passion was born.

Oldhand wrote:
Olympus OM Zuiko Auto-T 100 mm f/2.8 - I have bought this lens, but it has not yet arrived

I used it to do some portraits and I really like it, on APSC it might seem a little too long but it is not very true. Now I have purchased the Rolleinar to get a little closer to the subject to be photographed.

It would be nice if others list their lenses, if they have too many they can list their favorites. It is interesting, I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one doubt about the Rolleinar MC 85 mm f / 2.8, this lens has an integrated lens hood but it looks really short for an 85mm lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Olympus 100mm f/2.8, out of interest, can you see a 4-digit date stamp on the base of the lens ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3dpan wrote:
Regarding the Olympus 100mm f/2.8, out of interest, can you see a 4-digit date stamp on the base of the lens ?

This?

Do you have information about this? I listen to you

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, perfect. TNI3 tells me that lens was manufactured at the Tatsuno plant in March of 1989. Which is a good one.
From about 1981 to end of production in early 2000's, Olympus introduced that 4-digit code to the OM lenses.
The 100/2.8 from '81 on, performs exceedingly well on the smaller 4/3 sensor. Don't know why, perhaps the centre field was improved.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3dpan wrote:
Yes, perfect. TNI3 tells me that lens was manufactured at the Tatsuno plant in March of 1989. Which is a good one.

Very interesting.
From some of my research I understand that it is the fifth version of this lens. You can confirm?

3dpan wrote:
The 100/2.8 from '81 on, performs exceedingly well on the smaller 4/3 sensor. Don't know why, perhaps the centre field was improved.

Probably the reason is that Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice set TurtleSkinny Like 1 . Such are the opportunities in old lenses, it will be no surprise that I only have one of the same. The SMC Pentax-M 50 mm f/1.7. Similar to Oldhand funnily enough, it has done duty on my ME Super and Fuji X-E1.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may only be four variations, and quoting from a post on another forum,

First batch: Silver nose lenses, x.Zuiko markings (where x = a letter that counts the number of lens elements, e.g. E.Zuiko). No coatings. Softest copies, will flare the most.
Second batch: Black nose lenses, x.Zuiko markings. Single coatings. Somewhat improved from silver nose lenses.
Third batch: x.Zuiko + MC markings. Multi coatings. Significant improvement in detail over older lenses.
Fourth batch: Zuiko marking (no MC mark, no letter in front of "Zuiko"). Newer multi coatings. The best optical performers.

And that applies generally to all OM lenses.

Cheers, Alec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
That's a nice set TurtleSkinny

Your opinion makes me happy Laugh 1

3dpan wrote:
There may only be four variations

This is the website where I read about the five versions : http://vintage-camera-lenses.com/olympus-om-100mm-2-8-zuiko/

I don't mean to be the truth, I only posted it to bring additional information.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleSkinny wrote:
I have only one doubt about the Rolleinar MC 85 mm f / 2.8, this lens has an integrated lens hood but it looks really short for an 85mm lens.

That's how it is supposed to be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting about those 5 versions - I just checked my Zuiko lenses -- I have one 50mm f1.8 marked F-Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.8 OM-System' and one marked 'Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.8 OM-System WITH a NUMBER SAC8 on flange My other Zuikos have the 'letter' in front of Zuiko, NO 'MC' mark and NO number on flange.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3dpan wrote:

First batch: Silver nose lenses, x.Zuiko markings (where x = a letter that counts the number of lens elements, e.g. E.Zuiko). No coatings. Softest copies, will flare the most.
Second batch: Black nose lenses, x.Zuiko markings. Single coatings. Somewhat improved from silver nose lenses.
Third batch: x.Zuiko + MC markings. Multi coatings. Significant improvement in detail over older lenses.
Fourth batch: Zuiko marking (no MC mark, no letter in front of "Zuiko"). Newer multi coatings. The best optical performers.

Cheers, Alec

Interestingly, it seems that this lens has exactly the same optical formula for all versions.
The only differences noted are in the coatings.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleSkinny wrote:
papasito wrote:

Auto Mamiya/Sekor SX 85mm F/2.8

I can't see any images nor complete dates of the lens in that site.

Please compare with http://mamiya-nc-m42.mflenses.com/m42_lenses.htm

What do you think about?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
3dpan wrote:

Cheers, Alec

Interestingly, it seems that this lens has exactly the same optical formula for all versions.
The only differences noted are in the coatings.
Tom

Not exactly the same for all the versions.

Perhaps you like the folowing site

https://elektrotanya.com/showresult.

Sure you know it yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
TurtleSkinny wrote:
Auto Mamiya/Sekor SX 85mm F/2.8

Please compare with http://mamiya-nc-m42.mflenses.com/m42_lenses.htm

What do you think about?

That lens is real, I owned it, briefly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:

Here I found the photos : https://www.keh.com/shop/mamiya-sekor-85mm-f-2-8-sx-black-m42-screw-mount-manual-focus-lens-52-1.html

Gardener wrote:
That lens is real, I owned it, briefly.

Did you use it with digital cameras? Apsc or full frame? How do you rate it?