Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Lens Turbo :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: My Lens Turbo :) Reply with quote

Here are some samples very unartistic but I can't wait to try it Smile

Nikkor 35 1.8 DX

Canon FD 50 1.4

CZJ Pancolar 50 1.8 MC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice and very pretty kitty! What have you used?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a very good looking cat you have there!Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is lens turbo working better on wider focal lens (35mm) or is more or less the same effect on both 35mm and 50mm?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful looking cat! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
very nice and very pretty kitty! What have you used?

He is my model when there are not girls around.
The camera is Nex 5r, the lenses are written Smile

teovidium wrote:
It is lens turbo working better on wider focal lens (35mm) or is more or less the same effect on both 35mm and 50mm?

I think it depends on the current lens. For example with 16-45 pentax it has bad blue light spot in the center of the frame... with all the others - nothing like it. Overall - nice thing to have!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first model for the turbo Smile
Lens - Samyang 85 1.4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You always have the best models simbon4o!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last two cat shoots just wow!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lens turbo do you have exactly? I like a lot last two shoots.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples simbon4o.
Cat is very cool Very Happy
teovidium wrote:

It's depend on the lens itself and combination with LT. My little writing about lens turbo HERE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Standard chinese one Smile with red sign on it zhongui... It is great, I managed to make it work with adapters with EF, K, F and M42 mounts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simbon4o wrote:
Attila wrote:

Standard chinese one Smile with red sign on it zhongui... It is great, I managed to make it work with adapters with EF, K, F and M42 mounts.

I don't know why they can't produce a universal version, and then they could sell different attachments for different mounts.

I am thinking of the EF version, even though I have no EF lenses, it would probably be the easiest to get adaptors for (most of my lenses are M42 or Nikon, I don't have many FD)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have hesitated in getting one when I first saw some samples here in this forum and the results are quite mediocre. But after seeing your results simbon4o I think I'm going to get the EF mount to use my EF, m42, and Nikon lenses. Maybe an MD mount as well. Very nice results simbon4o another nice little tool to complement on your beautiful cats and models Smile.

Btw I've heard that the manufacturer has improved the quality of the lens turbo from when they first came out. Guess that's the reason why I see mediocre results from members who bought the lens turbo when they first came out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to steal your cat Twisted Evil

But I won't Wink

honest.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simonbo, can you please do me a favour and shoot some with that super Zenitar F1.7 I am really wanting to see that

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some zenitar 50 1.7 stuff Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simbon4o thanks for posting some more samples.
Curious question, do you see any manipulation on the characteristics of the lens such as bokeh and colour rendition after using the lens turbo? Eg. for your Zenitar 50/1.7, does it act differently with the lens turbo such as it's bokeh characteristics and contrast?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruzzo wrote:
I have hesitated in getting one when I first saw some samples here in this forum and the results are quite mediocre. But after seeing your results simbon4o I think I'm going to get the EF mount to use my EF, m42, and Nikon lenses. Maybe an MD mount as well. Very nice results simbon4o another nice little tool to complement on your beautiful cats and models Smile.

Btw I've heard that the manufacturer has improved the quality of the lens turbo from when they first came out. Guess that's the reason why I see mediocre results from members who bought the lens turbo when they first came out.

Minolta SR (MC, MD series) models for mFT seem to have gone missing from Ebay. The only thing similar is produced by Metabones, and those seem priced for the videographer with a budget or sponsorship.

I too was hesitant at first, but after seeing some better examples on the web, I went ahead and took a risk on an M42 version. I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of obvious distortion or CA so far, but note that it does exaggerate any imperfections of the lens.

Most assuring was the performance with a Tamron SP 17/3.5 on an E-M5.

The Mir 1V seems to like it too.

As does the Revuenon 24/4.0 Macro.

Last edited by leonAzul on Sat May 30, 2015 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruzzo wrote:
simbon4o thanks for posting some more samples.
Curious question, do you see any manipulation on the characteristics of the lens such as bokeh and colour rendition after using the lens turbo? Eg. for your Zenitar 50/1.7, does it act differently with the lens turbo such as it's bokeh characteristics and contrast?

Well
From today I think that the turbo likes more the Pancolar Smile there is almost no change of the focal plane contrast or anything.
Pancolar MC 50 1.8

Zenitar 50 1.7

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simbon4o/
Latest frames are with pancolar and they are easily recognizable because of the swirliness.
They are full resolution if somebody decide to download them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zenitar 50 1.7 from today Smile
DSC04938c83b by simbon4o, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well today I have tried some lenses on the turbo Smile

Samyang 85 1.4
DSC05144c83 by simbon4o, on Flickr

Nikkor 105 2.5 PreAi
DSC05266c83 by simbon4o, on Flickr

Samyang 85 1.4
DSC05387c83b by simbon4o, on Flickr

Nikkor 105 2.5 PreAi
DSC05271c83b by simbon4o, on Flickr

Vivitar 90 2.5 S1
DSC05131c83 by simbon4o, on Flickr

Tair 11A
DSC05309c83b by simbon4o, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely example here. It had just occurred to me that I can use my M42 lenses on my minolta model with the adapter.

I think it would be easy to produce a universal mount for this product, probably cheaper than making one for everything. Like a t-mount system but at the front end rather than at the rear end.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! I thought that too but too late. My turner have already made mine from FD to EF and the chinese EF-K and EF-F adapters had arrived... But it is an easy task to make one adapter with interchangeable mounts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post some comparisons? Same lens, same subject, with and without the lens turbo? Smile