Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My KMZ Zenitar-M 50 1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression is the Zenitar is sharper at 2.4 than all the other shots. But 1.2 at night makes a huge difference, so, it's more a matter of subject than the lens itself,

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
My impression is the Zenitar is sharper at 2.4 than all the other shots. But 1.2 at night makes a huge difference, so, it's more a matter of subject than the lens itself,

Renato

About sharpness - you are right, the zenitar is sharper even in corners. About night the difference is not that big Wink. The 1.7 gives me speed about the same as the 1.2 at 1.4 Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my recent shots with this lens

PS It is a bokeh panorama Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a very good photo and yeah, background is nice too Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is a question of taste.... but I would prefer a filter for the greenish cast of the light, and probably liked a B&W version of the panorama shot,

Like the composition too,

Very Happy

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work! How many shoots in the pano? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
Maybe it is a question of taste.... but I would prefer a filter for the greenish cast of the light, and probably liked a B&W version of the panorama shot,

Like the composition too,

Very Happy

Cheers,

Renato

I made the green light on purpose Smile
but here for the BW lovers

Nordentro wrote:
Awesome work! How many shoots in the pano? Very Happy

4 Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new samples from this lens Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,
Many awesome photos!
I like the pano a lot.
Now, i need this lens..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful cat shot! I recently got a copy of this lens and cannot wait to test it on a camera where it will focus to infinity Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not that much of a problem on the nikon, you can shoot closeups very well.

And some more samples Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@2.4

Love that smoothness Smile, we had some flare issues but I will know for the next time to bring some hood.

Last edited by simbon4o on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This thread is absolutely marvellous. Zenitar really shines in your hands and your photos are great.
Had to say something as I am truly stunned by your photos and at the same time I want to get notification when you post something new Wink .

Cheers
Mateusz

Out of curiosity, are you using K30 for all those photos and do you focus only on standard matte?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, great models, great photographer, and your post processing is also good! What else do we need Laughing?
Can't wait to bring my Zenitar for outdoor shooting, the winter is too long here Crying or Very sad
I noticed that when you compared this lens with SMC Pentax-A 50/1.2, the brightness is almost the same, but some how my 50/1.2 always sucks more light than Zenitar ME1.
This Pentax also has some green CA at high contrast details like mine, so it may be quite common in this lens Question

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
Hi,

This thread is absolutely marvellous. Zenitar really shines in your hands and your photos are great.
Had to say something as I am truly stunned by your photos and at the same time I want to get notification when you post something new Wink .

Cheers
Mateusz

Out of curiosity, are you using K30 for all those photos and do you focus only on standard matte?

Тhanks a lot Smile!

Well my latest photos are with Nex F3 and 5r, I have sold the K30 because I am migrating to nikon and nex. And yes all the photos with K30 are with standard matte screen with Pentax OME53 viewfinder magnifier.
About getting notification - you can fillow my work on facebook or flickr... Smile
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simbon4o/
on facebook search for Retouch & Photography by Simeon Kolev

Langstrum wrote:
Great lens, great models, great photographer, and your post processing is also good! What else do we need Laughing?
Can't wait to bring my Zenitar for outdoor shooting, the winter is too long here Crying or Very sad
I noticed that when you compared this lens with SMC Pentax-A 50/1.2, the brightness is almost the same, but some how my 50/1.2 always sucks more light than Zenitar ME1.
This Pentax also has some green CA at high contrast details like mine, so it may be quite common in this lens Question

In that test with the Zenitar, Pentax 50 1.2 and 1.4 i did not shoot at same speeds in order to get right exposure and compare bokeh and sharpness not light transmission. And yes the Zenitar is not as fast as the A 50 1.2, but it is quite close to 50 1.4 pentax and faster than pentax 50 1.7.
About CAs yes both Pentax 50s(1.2 and 1.4) have more CA than the russian and the 1.2 have much more even in the bokeh, which is normal for this old design of fast 50mm, it is nothing more than a 50 1.4 but with bigger diameter of the lenses - 7 lenses 6 groups.
This was one of the reasons that made me sell the Pentax 1.2, I don't think it is good enough for the money and I bought sony nex with the money(which is stupid to sell lens to buy body...but I didn't have the money to do it in other way).

I kept the Zenitar because it is sharp(good for new cameras with many megapixels) and with smooth defocus. And I got it cheap... it's price will grow probably. I really like it even at close distance where every Japanese 50mm loses sharpness at wide open. At longer distance I use it at 2.4(the third position of the aperture ring) because the bokeh is smoother and the defocus stays the same.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simbon4o wrote:

why no exif ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably uses "Save for web"? Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telemach wrote:
simbon4o wrote:

why no exif ?

I do not save them exactly for there and my action for resize and save do not leave exif, but they are separated to sets with each lens.

Nordentro wrote:
He probably uses "Save for web"? Surprised

exactly Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some new samples Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second one is very nice!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did she see some onions? Laughing
You're so lucky, I wish I have that many models to shoot Shocked
I also like the second one more. Gorgeous lighting, and her hairs in the back look like painting Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was looking directly to the sun Smile didn't turn her sight until I told her.
I love this lens it makes everything perfect Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to shoot with my favorite 50 now on lens turbo II ... just need some time and female models Very Happy

For now - one dead plant and cats Smile

DSC09484 by simbon4o, on Flickr

DSC09481 by simbon4o, on Flickr

DSC09470 by simbon4o, on Flickr

All at 1.7 Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have replaced my copy with this almost brand new Cyrillic version. It is mechanically perfect and the change didn't cost me anything so I am happy about it. There was no difference in the sharpness...
DSC00245 by simbon4o, on Flickr

And some shots with my new old lens Smile
DSC00319 by simbon4o, on Flickr

DSC00321 by simbon4o, on Flickr

DSC00324 by simbon4o, on Flickr

DSC00331 by simbon4o, on Flickr

DSC00341 by simbon4o, on Flickr

All with nex 6 and lens turbo II Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got any idea if this lens would work OK on a M4/3 body? I have the E-M1 but may get a NEX/A5100 or A600 for MF only as from past experience the Sony's are awesome for MF Lenses.