Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My KMZ Zenitar-M 50 1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing pictures.
Even better than previous.
Thanks for sharing with us.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice words guys!
I really love that lens, every time when I have free time and go out to shoot for fun - it is in my backpack!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I succumbed and bought one. I can't wait to try it out! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens mmm yes Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderfull!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in breaking news after that set of pictures the price has rissen on this lens an extra 20%
Talking of rising i know something that raised 100% after seeing this Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love those portrait amazing tone and animation is spooky Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, can i ask you a bit about your processing in the last set of photos, was this a plugin, I really like the look of them and wondered if it was a preset or something like that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step one. Find a hot chick. Steep two, post on mflens :p

But really, lovely pictures :p

Last edited by tromboads on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears a very nice lense. Your model is very attractive.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Simon, can i ask you a bit about your processing in the last set of photos, was this a plugin, I really like the look of them and wondered if it was a preset or something like that?

It was only ACR7.0 and than a little photoshop. No plugins, I don't like them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive, Simo Smile !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfectly beautiful pictures. They should land in best of lenses gallery - they deserve it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful portraits and very intresting lens! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two photos more Smile from the same session.

The last one was on 1000ISO and than pushed 1.4 stops Smile sorry for the blurness it was already almost complete darkness and it was very difficult to shoot anything Smile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one animated gif from 6 frames Smile

Last edited by simbon4o on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Zenitars mounting to Nikon F Reply with quote

Can anyone help me with some more info about using zenitars on f.i. Nikon F camera's? I mean, there are 2 kind of adapters: one with correction glass and one without correction glass. The glass version should focus to infinity but does it really focus to infinity and what is the effect from the glass on the photos? Will sharpness, contrast and clarity be affected? If so, are the adapters without glass sharper, cleaner etc?

Is it possible to get the AF-confirm to work with a AF-chip? And how does that work with the settings?
Thanks all and love to see your beautiful Zenitar photos!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the drama with using other M42 glass on the Nikon...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Great work and great lens.

Thank you for posting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Zenitars mounting to Nikon F Reply with quote

Dutchy wrote:
Can anyone help me with some more info about using zenitars on f.i. Nikon F camera's? I mean, there are 2 kind of adapters: one with correction glass and one without correction glass. The glass version should focus to infinity but does it really focus to infinity and what is the effect from the glass on the photos? Will sharpness, contrast and clarity be affected? If so, are the adapters without glass sharper, cleaner etc?

Is it possible to get the AF-confirm to work with a AF-chip? And how does that work with the settings?
Thanks all and love to see your beautiful Zenitar photos!

Well on nikon you can't use on 100% the M42 lenses. Adapters with optical element are ruining the quality and the others without, allow you to focus only to a few meters(like you have put the lens on a small macro tube).
Focus confirmation will work I think on most bodies(modern ones) but metering is a problem.

If you want to get the max of M42 lenses buy a sony nex Wink. They are cheap now and you can attach any type of lens on it.

another one Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or a canon dslr Smile it's good for M42 and least Smile I really like sony and mirrorless but like bulky cameras. Although it is nice from time to time to take my ancient minolta slr and put it in a pocket of my jacket.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never buy canon Smile they make expensive and not that good cameras(personal opinion) + do not offer anything interesting as lenses for crop sensors. I prefer mostly sony sensor cameras as image quality and I live in very poor country in one of the poorest cities... can't afford to buy at least 7D, all cheaper models by canon are total shit... It's a long thread about choosing camera Smile. Last week it happened to me to try canon 55 1.2 SSC lens on 7D and the Pentax A 50 1.2 on my K30... The canon's viewfinder is very bad or the lens is not that easy to be focused at 1.2... I do not know(probably the camera's matte screen is not optimized for the job) but I was more happy with the pentax combination, almost no mistakes when focusing with viewfinder which I can not say about the 7D.
And again Smile when I put any MF glass on NEX camera - there is no problem, peaking is great no matter photo or video I shoot - this is my future camera!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I did not love canon before and have switched from sony and I have had 7D for 3 years I believe and still is a very good camera. As for the lenses they do have some really good ones.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.. a little comparison.

SMC Pentax A 50 1.2@1.8(1.2 and 1.4 are worse and there is not more defocused background)

Zenitar @1.7

Zenitar @2.4(more like 2.0 but... it is the next to 2.0 position of the aperture ring)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All beautiful !