Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Kiev-88 collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: My Kiev-88 collection Reply with quote

Last edited by ForenSeil on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Nice set!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set!
Only missing the Tair-33 in background Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have an excellent set.
They look to be in pretty good shape Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the diagrams btw.:

As you can see I have the full catalogue except the 250/5.6

flaviomaia wrote:
You have an excellent set.
They look to be in pretty good shape Smile

Cosemtically yes but actually several of the lenses have aperture-problems. I have a second Kiev-88 (not on the picture) from 1993 and it doesn't work anymore at all. Mechanics are not very reliable, especially if you consider that these are *only* about 20 years old and barely used.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Cosemtically yes but actually several of the lenses have aperture-problems. I have a second Kiev-88 (not on the picture) from 1993 and it doesn't work anymore at all. Mechanics are not very reliable, especially if you consider that these are *only* about 20 years old and barely used.

It's a shame, since they look very good.
When I was taking my degree I shoot a lot with an Hasselblad. I like the square format and searched for cheaper alternatives and I ended a few times try to convince myself to be brave and buy one of these Kiev/Salyut as they are reasonable cheap, but never bought one because of the bad reputation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasselblad not relliable either, both require maintenance ,repair , awesome collection! if you need repair man I know somebody on FB who is living in Kiev until spring and he has good connection ex- factory workers, they can fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hasselblad not relliable either, both require maintenance ,repair , awesome collection! if you need repair man I know somebody on FB who is living in Kiev until spring and he has good connection ex- factory workers, they can fix it.

Hmm... thanks for adivce but I'm not sure if I will use the bodies at all. They are beautiful and results (when it gives results) are awesome but the camera bodies are really unreliable, especially when it's cold. Same with Kiev 60 I had - in winter shutter didn't work at all outside while inside shutter speed where accurate Very Happy It's so frustrating when you're shot several roles of expensive 120 film, made great pics of friends etc., you do several hours of development and then everything you get is 90% empty negatives. Especially now in winter I won't risk it.

I always thought early Hasselblad camera were extraordinary in reliability which was the reason for NASA to use them on first moon landing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reliable like moon landing Wink Laughing don't give up a well kept Arax, Hasselbald, Salyut , etc can be awesome, Kiev 60 is a behemot I did never like it I rather use Pentacon Six, there is another option to get the them use. Pentax 645 !! or Mamiya 645 , I vote for Pentax, that is reliable 100%

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice set.
I have the Hartblei 150/2.8, maybe it is the same optical as Kaleinar? a beautiful portrait lens, very sharp and blurred bokeh.

The two kiev88 and a P6 bodies i have are still working fine. Never tried in cold weather with them, just indoor, or summer, for group portraits only. Pentax 645 is very easy to use, maybe too easy that you press release button too many times.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Reliable like moon landing Wink Laughing don't give up a well kept Arax, Hasselbald, Salyut , etc can be awesome, Kiev 60 is a behemot I did never like it I rather use Pentacon Six, there is another option to get the them use. Pentax 645 !! or Mamiya 645 , I vote for Pentax, that is reliable 100%

I don't know about the Pentax but the Mamiya 645 is rather heavy, heavier than the hasselblad, booth with the standard 80mm 2.8. I have one M645 for about 6 years and it didn't fail yet. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax 645 is lighter a lot I did hang in my neck, M645 nice camera as well I did used once, I stuck on P645.