Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first one
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: My first one Reply with quote

Inspired by this sup-forum I have bought a Yashica 35.

48$ incl. shipping, maybe a little to much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290262341630

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: My first one Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Inspired by this sup-forum I have bought a Yashica 35.

48$ incl. shipping, maybe a little to much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290262341630

Not if it's in good shape!
Congrats, it's a wonderful camera.
Please show us your samples as soon as you get them Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! It's a fascinating cam!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine came with 2 broken wires Sad

At least the camera is easy to disassemble.

The light meter didn't work, and 2 wires were broken free from the circuit board under the top cap...common with them Sad

The view through the cam is amazing though, once the RF glass is cleaned Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats
If you should need help with a CLA many here have done them now.
This camera is very easy to refresh. It is a worthwhile endeavor. Particularly cleaning the VF/RF window.
Please feel free to ask for advise.

@ Ryan
I have found many with wires that have lost connection. Unfortunately this is usually the result of a battery that has "melted".
If possible replace the wires. If that proves too difficult simply reconnect them.
The camera should fire up. They are pretty cheap. If this one does not come back to life. Get another and save this for a parts camera Wink

It is a super cam and well worth searching one that has been treated properly Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
I have found the loose wires in the top (I initially thought/hoped something was wrong in the bottom)...they are white and have come loose at the circuit board.

One was also broken off a black cylinder (resistor maybe?) just to the side of the RF glass. All I need is some wire, time, space, and my soldering kit to fix it Razz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yashica has landed Very Happy

It seems to be in perfect condition, I just have to get me a battery and a film. Can´t wait.

Btw, it is exact the same one as Ken Rockwell test here. The GSN model, produced from 1973-77.