Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My FDn 85mm 1.2 L :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: My FDn 85mm 1.2 L :) Reply with quote

Well maybe it deserves its own thread.
So ... some shots with my 85mm 1.2 Smile

First on Nex6 with LT II adapter.

DSC04958-Edit by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

DSC05217-Edit2 by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

DSC05211-Edit2 by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

DSC07254-Edit2 by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

And than one on the A7r

DSC00384-Edit by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

And one on the A7r with LT II adapter Smile

DSC00180-Edit by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

Here some full rez samples on A7r

DSC00936p by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

DSC00942p by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

DSC00945p by Simeon Kolev, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful images!
I have been thinking about acquiring this lens a lot lately, howervr the prices are a bit high. I have the konica and canon fl 1.8, both insanely sharp from f2.8 and I wonder how much will I gain on a aps-c sensor.

Do you remember what f stop were images 2 - 6 shot at?

thanks for sharing.

Last edited by starlights on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful portraits!!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starlights wrote:
Beautiful images. I have been thinking about acquiring th8s lens a lot lately, howervr the prices are a bit high. I have the konica and canon fl 1.8, both insanely sharp from f2.8 and I wonder how much will I gain on a aps-c sensor.
do you remember what f stop are images 2 to 6 shot at?

thanks for sharing.

All shots are wide open at 1.2 Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one on the A7r with LT II adapter

What do you gain with this combo ?? more speed than 1.2 ??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:

Different look. The Turbo is widening the lens to its max. So it is like mounting the 85mm 1.2 on camera with approximately 37-33mm sensor. The corners of the frame are dark but when I crop them it is almost square with wider field of view. I like it... Smile and yes it gives more speed but it is not interesting when it is not dark.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is well known for its capabilities but I see more than that in these photos Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle wonderful! Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work indeed, cool to see lens turbo on FF. It gives almost a "C-mount look" Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive.
Would be nice to see how it looks before cropping.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning portraits from a stunning lens! They are all wonderful, but the first one is my favorite. I really like the way you have used the lens to isolate the subject - great work! You also really nailed the focus in wonderful afternoon light - which is not easy at f/1.2. I have the EOS version of this lens, and it is hands down one of Canon's crowning achievements (along with the 135mm f/2!)

Best,

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Stunning portraits from a stunning lens! They are all wonderful, but the first one is my favorite. I really like the way you have used the lens to isolate the subject - great work! You also really nailed the focus in wonderful afternoon light - which is not easy at f/1.2. I have the EOS version of this lens, and it is hands down one of Canon's crowning achievements (along with the 135mm f/2!)

Best,

Paul

About the focus - with EVF it is not difficult at all Smile. Also I have zoom in the EVF... I can place the focus wherever I want it. In the past when I was using OVF with DSLR - it was pain in the B to nail the focus Smile.

Nordentro wrote:
Great work indeed, cool to see lens turbo on FF. It gives almost a "C-mount look" Wink

Only because of the vignette Smile

araucaria wrote:
Impressive.

Nothing special - black vignette. That's why I cut it. For me it will be interesting to see other focal reducer adapters on FF because this one is giving me vignette all by itself, maybe the lenses can cover even larger areas. Maybe the new metabones speed booster ultra will cover more. Its lenses are larger in diameter... but I do not have it, also nobody have it in my town Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:

Speed and the original angle of view the lens has on a FF camera, some lenses lose their magic when used on a crop camera, using a speed booster can help to bring it back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed May 11, 2016 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simbon4o wrote:

araucaria wrote:
Impressive.

Nothing special - black vignette. That's why I cut it. For me it will be interesting to see other focal reducer adapters on FF because this one is giving me vignette all by itself, maybe the lenses can cover even larger areas. Maybe the new metabones speed booster ultra will cover more. Its lenses are larger in diameter... but I do not have it, also nobody have it in my town Smile.

Shure it vignettes Smile, but I would like to know how the transition looks just to know if it's worthwhile for me to get this setup (I'm a square format sucker).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool to see someone use a LT/focal reducer with a FF camera. Wild distorted bokeh, I like it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoryBreaux wrote:
Cool to see someone use a LT/focal reducer with a FF camera. Wild distorted bokeh, I like it.

Nex6 is not a FF camera Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful portraits! Great sharpness, especially number 5. I use this on A7r as well - a really great combo.

RnR wrote:
DoryBreaux wrote:

Nex6 is not a FF camera Wink

But the A7r is Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frogbog wrote:
But the A7r is Wink

Opps... completely missed that part of the thread Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RnR wrote:
frogbog wrote:
But the A7r is Wink

Opps... completely missed that part of the thread Embarassed

I think that was the best part of the thread! Twisted Evil Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

araucaria wrote:
simbon4o wrote:

araucaria wrote:
Impressive.

Shure it vignettes Smile, but I would like to know how the transition looks just to know if it's worthwhile for me to get this setup (I'm a square format sucker).

You can get perfect square even a little wider on the long side of the sensor. Square - no problem at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread here and fantastic shots!
This lens was always a dream of mine to get although right now I changed that to getting the Mitakon 85mm 1.2 instead but even then I am not sure how it will fit between my FE 55mm 1.8 and my Samyang 135mm F2.0 but we shall see. Smile
Glad you were able to test the LT2 with FF. I tried that but unfortunately since the A7ii has a slightly different mount from the previous gen, my LT2 would not fit correctly. I still did some shots by holding it in place to see the gains in light and always thought it could be interesting...you proved me right! Like 1