|Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:39 am Post subject:
|Thanks for you comment.
My workflow is still under construction and far away from beeing perfect.
At the moment I use a led light table to light the negativ and my nex 5n with the EL Nikkor und some extension tubes as "scanning device".
1. The raw file is importet to camera raw, where an eye-matched white balance is applied (the digital image of the negative should look like the original witch is laid up on the light table).
2. After loading the image in PhotoShop CS 2 I apply a simple action I craeted to remove the color mask of the film and to convert the image into a usable positiv. The action does:
- convert the image into CMYK-color mode (16 bit)
- open the channel mixer
- take channel magenta, apply constant -33%
- take channel yellow, apply constant -66 %
- convert back to RGB (16bit)
- invert the image
3. Setting final adjustments depending on film / personal preferences
often "auto tone" gives nice results, you could also export the image into lightroom.....
It does not work equally good on every film or every image, thats why I´m still working on it. My aim is to archieve more constant results.
Do you have an idea how to optimize ?
I love Leica ! But I need Pentax