Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My CANON AE-1 let me down -- only 4 frames came out !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: My CANON AE-1 let me down -- only 4 frames came out ! Reply with quote

All my shots of the VIP's at the Brentwood Coronation Event in King George's Fields were LOST as CANON AE-1 shutter was NOT OPENING for all except 4 frames. I wanted to use the AE-1 in 'Rotation' with my other Camera Systems. I had a look in the base-plate -- the Magnets seemed OK and shutter started working again but cannot be trusted. Fuji Superia 400 rated 250 ASA
TOKINA AT-X 28-85mm zoom

CANON FD 200mm f4

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame as what is saved hints at a great loss. Too bad. Sorry to hear about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the lens. On this camera, a slow enough moving aperture will prevent the shutter from opening.
Sis found that out with an FD 80-200 with sticky aperture blades on her AE-1 at about 30F, -1 C.

-D.S.