Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My 1984 Mamiya C220
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: My 1984 Mamiya C220 Reply with quote

I was given a 1984 Mamiya C220 by a camera club member with original box and instructions -- had it in his loft for some years but luckily NO Fungus -- it came with the 80mm f2.8 'Blue Dot' Sekors and I bought a 135mm f4.5 'Blue Dot' Sekor set off e-bay for about £75-00 ( Don't tell the WIFE ! ) I have used it and both Sekor sets are very sharp even at full aperture and I did a 20x16" B&W darkroom print off the 80mm lenses ans won an award at Club.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice looking camera Pete, well looked after.

I bought a C3 Professional a few years ago with the 80 / 2.8, I think I paid £100 for it. Since then I've bought the 65 / 3.5 and 180 / 4.5 very cheaply at the local camera fair for about £10 each, both lenses had slight fungus - easily cleaned, the lenses are very simple. I also got the Porroflex viewfinder, hand grip and Paramender for next to nothing as well.
But, having got all this stuff I've put two films through it. Rolling Eyes I think lugging all that stuff around in a huge case and spending ages setting it up is a job for a summers day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about the weight of an 'outfit' ( and I have to go into Hospital on Jan. 27th for an Inguinal HERNIA op ! ) BUT I lugged my 2002 Hasselblad outfit all the way round Ironbridge Gorge area and Blists Hill the other year when we stayed in Coalbrookdale Youth Hostel !! Wish I had all that free gear 50 years ago ---