Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MTO500(550/8,5) russian mirror lens Adjusting for infinite
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: MTO500(550/8,5) russian mirror lens Adjusting for infinite Reply with quote

Who has experience with the adjustment a MTO500 (550 / 8.5). My new mirror lens does not work in infinite. It's not the reason by adapter. At my Praktica does it also not infinite. I think one with a small screw can be adjusted. Who can help, who has experience?
Thanks!

Imre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help - bottom of the page..
http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/rubinar_lenses_with_various_cameras.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was disassembled and wrongly assembled again I can't explain how you can fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This here is my lens.

I have the lens only in the last few days. Its not a Rubinar. My lens has 550mm focal.
The lens focuses by movement of front lens with secondary mirror. The front element will not move close enough to the sensor level. I think it was in the past wrong adjusted.
I could make on M42 adapter with the lathe 0,2 mm thinner. But this is not the right solution, also at my Praktica is is not on infinitely sharp.
I appreciate the maximum distance the Focus on 70-80m. The Scala on the lens shows over infinite.
I will experiment a bit. I hope so complicated the lens is not built.

@Farside. Thank you for the link.

Imre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done it. It was not complicated. First, I have three micro screws on the distance indicating ring loosened (only in the near-position). Then I have to focus turned in direction of infinite.
Because the distance ring stand still at endpoint need something strong over winded. The distance ring remained at infinity, and the secondary mirror unit was screwed into the lens to infinite.
I have slowly turned to sharp point of infinity. After the adjustment I turned back to close position and the three micro screws were tightened again.

Here is the first test shoot.

The distance to dark spruces approximately 800 m.

Imre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imre is yours the A mount version or the m39/m42 fixed version?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-adjusted/finetuning

Our Moon:

@Richard_D: It has a T2 to M42 Mount.

Imre