Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mount plate replacement for Zeiss S-Planar lens??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Mount plate replacement for Zeiss S-Planar lens?? Reply with quote

Does anybody know if there are seperate mount plates for sale for lenses?

Searching google only gives me a wide range of adapters....

I have a Contax/Zeiss S-Planar T* 2.8/60 Macro (1:1 version) lens with a slightly damaged mount, it's scratched because the former owner had a special (for filming with it) mount attached to the original mount. No big deal you'd think, but he secured it with some kind of very strong cement so it had to be removed mechanically.

There's nothing wrong with it mechanically, it works just fine, locks tight and there's no wiggling or wobbling. The damage is just cosmetically, which is a pity, the lens looks like a new one.

Now, why replace the mount? I wanted to sell this manual macro lens in order to get a second hand AF macro lens for my 5D, but somehow people seem to think the lens is now worth something like 50 or 100 euros because of the scratched mount......

So please, if you know where to get a fresh mount plate, let me know!! (doesn't have to be new)

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find one cheap, I would recommend convert it to EOS http://leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lenses-for-Canon-cameras.html .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calvin, this is indeed an option, simply convert it, didn't think of that!