Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mount identification before getting an adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Mount identification before getting an adapter Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I need some help identifying a mount of which the owner claims that it is a Olympus mount.
I asked him what mount it was, so I could get the right adapter and he said that his grandfather who used the lens did it on a Olympus OM2.
What do you say?
Thanks for your help in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a OM adapter on a T-mount. If you remove it and get a native T-mount adapter for your system you get a much sturdier combination for such a big lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's a T Mount for OM. The lens release button on the side is a giveaway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I agree, it's a T Mount for OM. The lens release button on the side is a giveaway.

I'd seen that & was looking for the second (stop down) button I've always had on OM mount. But I suppose that's not applicable to T mount lenses...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

I'd seen that & was looking for the second (stop down) button I've always had on OM mount. But I suppose that's not applicable to T mount lenses...

Tamron AD adapters don't have that either, don't know why, maybe too difficult to engineer?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A somewhat belated respons but I have been very busy.... Cool
Thanks for the info, it seems that the seller was right in assuming it was an Olympus mount.
But I ended up buying another lens than this one so in the end the info was no longer needed.
Here's a pic of the one I bought, the Zeiss Sonnar Olympia 180mm f2.8 with EXA/Exakta mount which was in pristine condition.
PS: The 'stripes' in the light reflection are caused by my blinds who are above my desk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received the Exakta/Nex adapter and was able to take a few pics with the lens mounted on my Sony A7III.
Here's how that looks like. Cool