Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More Kiev 4 + Jup 8M + ColorPlus 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: More Kiev 4 + Jup 8M + ColorPlus 200 Reply with quote

I do like this combo

Verona Park boat house, fog by Nesster, on Flickr

The modern Henge is dedicated to the physical excercise of the body by Nesster, on Flickr

three birds in a tree by Nesster, on Flickr

38550025 33 by Nesster, on Flickr

NY's finest by Nesster, on Flickr

Stationary bicycling by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures ! I especially like guards ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, last one is my favourite. Not much contrast in the landscape shots, but they look sharp and I like their iq.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - obviously, it was very foggy so I made fog pictures Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid me, I thought it was loss of contrast due to the bright backgrounds. I have a bit of a preconception towards Russian lenses as you have noticed. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing Yep, been there done that. Back in high school I had a darkroom with a Durst enlarger. The instructions - and the magazines - said you didn't have to worry about the variable contrast filters being dirty, as they sat in a drawer above the negative, and thus were out of focus.

I took that literally. I'd spilled some chemical on the 2 1/2 filter, and it left a nice white stain. Damnit, I was NOT going to wipe it off because you didn't have to worry about the filters being dirty. I had a lot of enlargements with a funny stain outline on them. Laughing Rolling Eyes Sadly, I don't have a recollection of giving up on that particular prejudice: I don't think I ever cleaned that filter. Wherever it is, 35 years later, it probably still has that stain.

The only pic I've posted with back light is the one of Delmonico's, in the July 4th post somewhere below in this color film section.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like them all, especially the last two, too bad about the crappy lens. Laughing

Superb results!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that combo does very well with fog/mist ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the use of motion blur in the last image, opposed to the static bicycle.
Very neat image!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th picture is the best of the series, love the reflection

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the landscape ones best, especially the 4th one. The fog gives a great atmosphere.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments - this camera is certainly different and requires my paying attention, which is a good thing and one big reason I like using different cams. It has been tuned and lubed well by the prior owner so there's a lot of pleasure in using it... and I hope to be shooting with it a lot in the fall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couple of nice street shots there, too ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just loaded it with Tri-X, now's all I need to do is get to someplace populated Wink
thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I just loaded it with Tri-X, now's all I need to do is get to someplace populated Wink
thanks

Laughing I expect a lot it will be even better I am sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something about using films that digital images lacks - the organic feel of the images.

Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
There is something about using films that digital images lacks - the organic feel of the images.

Thanks for sharing.

Friend of mine said digital images are dead. I agree but if contrast light , improved they can be very , very nice good as best slides.