Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Monday is Labour Day - hope you're having a fun weekend!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Monday is Labour Day - hope you're having a fun weekend! Reply with quote

So Monday is Labour Day (In North America . . .)

Hopefully everone has some fun plans for this long weekend!

Me I'm going to relax after a busy vacation before going back to the daily grind. Then again since I've got Monday off we can have a fire Sunday night and possibly BBQ some ribs for Monday . . .

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy end of summer. I am always amazed at the way in which americans stop going to the beach on Labor Day (in the North East) regardless of the weather!

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Happy end of summer.

Has it started yet?

Hope you all have a nice weekend over there, we had our late summer hol last weekend - it rained. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
... we had our late summer hol last weekend - it rained. Wink

Laughing

We have had a wonderful weekend, so far. But the forecast says we will expect some thunderstorms. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Happy end of summer. . .

Shocked Confused

I thought Summer wasn't over until September 21st - 1st day of Autumn.

Though the two sound tracks currently running are . . .

The theme from Jaws - in the heads of the kids going back to school Smile
and
The the most wonderful time of the year - in the heads of the parents of those kids Smile

Don't you just love the silence that falls over the neighborhood streets at 8 pm or so on Labour Day? Laughing

Jim