Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Moiré as focusing assistant with EVF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Moiré as focusing assistant with EVF Reply with quote

Got me Samsung NX 10 cheap (because I'm cheapskate). I've been practising my evf focusing skills with the kit lens (which btw isn't that bad).

It's not the best of viewfinders, at least with wide angle.

But I've found out that when the viewfinder shows slight moirè, the focus is in place. Anyone else noticed this?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Moiré as focusing assistant with EVF Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
Got me Samsung NX 10 cheap (because I'm cheapskate). I've been practising my evf focusing skills with the kit lens (which btw isn't that bad).

It's not the best of viewfinders, at least with wide angle.

But I've found out that when the viewfinder shows slight moirè, the focus is in place. Anyone else noticed this?

Works with a lot of cameras, I use that too and my Lumixes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use appearance of moire to indicate precise focus too! However the moire is not always visible to use as focusing aid.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely sensible. Try racking focus across a monitor, too . . .