Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Modify a EF lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Modify a EF lens Reply with quote

Hi guys

Sorry, i've got a question about an EF lens

Do you think it is possible to modify a 18 55 EF to get a little bit more of wide angle, 17, 16 or 15mm ?

If there is a little loose of qality it doesn't matter since i need a cheap wide angle for dangerous pictures Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a 58mm threaded 0.45x "lense" from ebay. It's cheap and usable with kit-lense.

samples:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If quality is really no concern, just use wide-angle converter.
@ Google Shopping

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
Buy a 58mm threaded 0.45x "lense" from ebay. It's cheap and usable with kit-lense.

+1

Definitely enough quality for web pictures! I don't know about big prints, though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some wide converters are better than others, if you look carefully you can find OEM brand ones for cheap, usually intended to fit on the end of prosumer digicam lenses and camcorder lenses and also third party ones can be good as long as you look for older ones ie: An old soligor branded one would probably be a lot better than a brand new no name one from ebay.

I got a very cheap one free with a camera I bought last year and it's sharp in the middle but horrible at the edges but I also have a canon one intended for powershots that is much better and I used to have an Olympus one too that was very good.

The only problem is finding one that's a good match and doesn't produce vignetting.