Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mitakon MC 85mm F2 Made in China
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These samples are shot by Mitakon 35/2, not 85/2. but the 85/2 lens is more sharper than this lens at wide-open.

I will post some samples shot by 85/2 this evening for you. I can also provide machine-direct jpgs to you if you want to see.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romil wrote:
I will post some samples shot by 85/2 this evening for you. I can also provide machine-direct jpgs to you if you want to see.

Please do, that's appreciated!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagerly waiting for more 2/85mm samples Romil.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also looking forward to the samples. Might be interested in a copy of both, especially if they are silver and the price is right! Can't see any on ebay yet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romil wrote:
These samples are shot by Mitakon 35/2, not 85/2.

35mm f2? Could you show a photo of the lens? Where can I find some info about it?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on these? I'm also waiting for more sample shots.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

More than I would pay but someone might be interested?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested at the original rate of 80$ for the 85mm - if it turns out to be too expensive I'll just drop the idea.

150mm makes it a bit more doubtful esp since I already have a nice SMC 35mm F2 with me.

125$ for the 85mm does make it more interesting though.

Is this the same lens? Click here to see on Ebay

fatdeeman wrote:
Click here to see on Ebay

More than I would pay but someone might be interested?

Last edited by josh5k on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's sold one, and got negative feedback for not sending the item and "being angry"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
He's sold one, and got negative feedback for not sending the item and "being angry"

Good point. 150$ is still above my budget when I can buy a better known Jupiter. Maybe 100$ Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the potential is there to get them for under $100, just not from whoever this guy is!

There's hasn't been much real news for a while....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
I think the potential is there to get them for under $100, just not from whoever this guy is!

There's hasn't been much real news for a while....

I agree. Maybe I should get in touch with someone from China who can get this lens and ship it out. I wish dealextreme would get this Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another seller http://cgi.ebay.com/MF-85mm-f2-0-Prime-Lens-Portrait-Lens-Pentax-PK-A-mount-/170543539737?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item27b52fe619&afsrc=1 $125 shipped. A few people on Pentaxforums.com have bought these and I'm waiting for their shots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to be a spoilsport here, but don't you guys look at the appearance of a lens? I think this lens, at least the black version I have seen, is downright ugly! Sorry, my personal view.
No way I would buy such an ugly lens with such a, well, "restricted" performance at such a price. My 2c.

You can get a nice J9 or, if you are patient, even perhaps a Nikkor-H 1.8/85 for that money. (I did.) And both lenses are much better than what I have seen here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ugly, that for sure. It reminds of the cheap Japanese-made lenses from the 80's (Porst, Chinon et al). There's not much joy in owning this lens, other than for the low price.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
It reminds of the cheap Japanese-made lenses from the 80's (Porst, Chinon et al).

Oh, IMHO those were much more attractive!

This 80mm lens reminds me of some plastic enlarger lenses...
Just like this one:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
It's ugly, that for sure. It reminds of the cheap Japanese-made lenses from the 80's (Porst, Chinon et al). There's not much joy in owning this lens, other than for the low price.

Well, the lens is designed for the local Chinese market. However, it does offer a different view on things, with a unique combination of extreme, out-of-control field curvature, smooth rendering and good color and contrast. I have Jupiter-9 and Nikkor 85/1.8 among others, and this lens does not resemble either of them even remotely.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Well, the lens is designed for the local Chinese market. However, it does offer a different view on things, with a unique combination of extreme, out-of-control field curvature, smooth rendering and good color and contrast. I have Jupiter-9 and Nikkor 85/1.8 among others, and this lens does not resemble either of them even remotely.

more pictures please! Wink

a review from you would be really awesome! Razz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems very much like a toy, but the price isn't for kids.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
more pictures please! Wink

a review from you would be really awesome! Razz

I don't have many pictures taken with this lens. Every time I go out with a camera, I grab a Sonnar 85/2.8 or Zuiko 85/2; those two are currently my favorite 85mm. I have one shot of my daughter taken indoors with this lens. It does show the character of the lens pretty well. Note how her eyes are in focus, and the red ring on the bottom is in focus as well. That's field curvature.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is a photo! Wide-open?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Now that is a photo! Wide-open?

Yep, f/2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed. If possible please send me original.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to this thread, I decided to order one - I'll post some samples when I'll get it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your manual lenses thread. Its look good and I would like tell you that few days ago I was buy this camera from Chinabuye supplier