Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

mistery 200mm 4.5 m42 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: mistery 200mm 4.5 m42 lens Reply with quote

Hello, I introduce myself, I am Sergio and I am currently a hobbyist although I aspire to be a pro, I seek information on this lens and I humbly wait.

It is with the name skymaster 200mm 4.5 m42 and I cannot find more information, I found it in a very cheap place and I want to buy it but if I do not know its condition and quality ... any help I appreciate it, greetings

mis fotos de google

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no response today, jejejeje wait and patience.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is clearly a cheap, thrid-party lens, made probably by a small Japanese optical company in the 1960s-70s. Such lenses had various names put on them depending on the client, in this case "Skymaster". f4.5 is very slow for a 200mm prime lens. I don't expect the performance would be very good, but you could get an image out of it. I certainly would not pay more than $20US for it, and that only if it were in excellent condition. I can already see that the filter ring is dented. Personally I would counsel against it unless you can get it really cheap and just want to play with a telephoto.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT seems to be a cheap 200 mm mens. Cheap but no means a bad one.
My option are the common Nikkor, Canon, Olympus or Minolta, all f/4, common lenses and cheap.

Last edited by papasito on Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome sergiopyll

I didn't see this lens before.

For low cost always fun to try, can sell later, consider any loss "cost of education". Smile

Slower small lightweight Tele-Takumar 1:5.6 200mm lens has excellent performance, probably cost more, not a lot in USA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good inexpensive 200mm lenses to choose from. For under 50 dollars you can get Pentax if you need m42 or Konica if you can use mirrorless. If it was 5 dollars I might get it, more than that, though I would let it go.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot for the reply, all of you, i think the same as you, but sometimes you get a gem under the garbage..

this cost 36uds but ill pass, thanks for the counselling

#fightcovid

Thank you!