Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Missed focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Missed focus Reply with quote

Damn! I thought this might be blurry because the shutter speed was so low but it's sharp - just on the wrong thing. I could have sworn I had got the focus on his eyes. I guess checking the focus is the next thing for the Mamiya. That's a great opportunity blown away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought this might be blurry because the shutter speed was so low but it's sharp - just on the wrong thing

I believe this is called a 'happy accident' because the photo still works Smile The subject himself (oof) is kind of looking at the hookah (in focus)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yes, it does in a way but it's not what I was looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had also trouble with Ricohflex at first closer shoot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn...I agree with you, that was a good opportunity. All that can be done
now, is to carry on with shooting the fine camera, and perhaps calibrate
the focus if possible?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a close-up food shot with very shallow DOF and the focus is bang on, so I guess this one had to go into my overflowing "user error" file.

On the other hand, I feel the look of the pictures coming out of the Mamiya is very pleasing. Here's another of the over-photographed tourist souq (note the picture of the Emir holding the football World Cup in the shop on the right):

[/img]