Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

misfocus, blur, movement - are these still photographs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: misfocus, blur, movement - are these still photographs? Reply with quote

Continuing on the misfocus thread in Techniques... I admit these are unsharp Laughing and violate nearly every technical rule (save exposure, thanks the the ES-II auto exposure)... are they still worthy photographs?

The Linn and the Dove by Nesster, on Flickr

fly by Nesster, on Flickr

Both Fomapan 100, Pentax ES-II, and a Vivitar 135/2.8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second one.
First one reminded me of what Orio have said on a different thread about ghosts.
Now, assuming that that turntable is inside the house, what the dove is doing there?
Wrong assumption?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this kind of pictures. Firstly , for me and surely for other, at least i hope so, a picture works not only because it's oh so sharp, and stuff, but also there's one thing called emotion. You can have a superb composition, sharp as hell, and the pic is plain boring, on the other side you have pictures like you show, totally unexpected and much more "talking" to our imagination.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's our pet dove, we found him tail-less (thanks to crows) in our back yard. He got an entire room to himself in the old big house - what used to be my stereo room Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jussi: I don't get much thrill from the first one, but the second image does have a unique look. It's great to
see some experimentation, and you show the mettle to give everyone a vew.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm partial to the 2nd one as well. It reminds me so much of an original charcoal piece I have hanging up in my home:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second one is great, really makes me feel the presence of a living being, a 'soul'
Blurred photos can be pleasing, often very interesting!

Nesster I take this as an 'open thread', and 'we' can post follow up photos, right?
Not sure if anyone likes this, but for some reason I did not delete:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, pile em on! It's good to be sharp and precise, and it's good to take a break from that as well.

Your pic looks like a 70s reggae album cover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumble-butt!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice musicophile pigeon! this could win a contest
I also make blurred pics and I keep some because hard disks are cheap Very Happy
this one show how dumb I am to make pics at 0.8sec

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it can work well in sport photos...with a little fine tuning..Very Happy