Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mirrorless cameras with APS-C sensors
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Mirrorless cameras with APS-C sensors Reply with quote

Wondering which brands have the aps-c sensor.
Or does it matter?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung, Sony and Fuji Smile

Technically Pentax have one model too, but it can only mount Pentax lenses :s

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely matters, while the latest m4/3 cameras are very good, they can't match the latest APS-C and never will, in sensors bigger is better.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Thank you,

In Fuji would that be all of the cameras with inter-changeable lenses?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all the Fuji interchangeable models have an APS-C sensor. There is also the Ricoh GXR which has an APS-C module with a Leica M mount.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Actually, with the new Adaptist K+MM adapter, the Pentax K-01 can now use OM Zuiko, most Nikon, and all Contax/Yashica lenses, and Konica lenses for closeup work. I have the adaptor mounted on my K-01 and am very happy with the photos I've been getting with OM lenses.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
It definitely matters, while the latest m4/3 cameras are very good, they can't match the latest APS-C and never will, in sensors bigger is better.

Yes, agreed, although some say you have to use bigger lenses (same as for dslr cameras) and that defeats the
advantage of a more compact camera.
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Yes, all the Fuji interchangeable models have an APS-C sensor. There is also the Ricoh GXR which has an APS-C module with a Leica M mount.

Thank you.
nrparsons wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:

Actually, with the new Adaptist K+MM adapter, the Pentax K-01 can now use OM Zuiko, most Nikon, and all Contax/Yashica lenses, and Konica lenses for closeup work. I have the adaptor mounted on my K-01 and am very happy with the photos I've been getting with OM lenses.

Thank you.
When you say they use Pentax lenses does that include M42 screw mount?

I hope this information will be useful to others also.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:

The K-01 has standard pentax k mount: this means that unlikely other mirrorless cameras, you will have more or less the same limitations in adapting that you have with a standard dslr.
But you can mount m42's on it, just like on all other pentax dslr's, with a simple and cheap adapter - there's also one produced by pentax itself.
As for using smaller lenses, actually the mirrorless aps-c cameras allow to use most rangefinder lenses, which are averagely much more compact than their slr's counterparts, especially in the wide range.
The very short register distance also allows the use of some smaller formats cine and tv lenses (like the ones designed for 16mm film, in c-mount), that can be even more compact. The only caveat here is to check for coverage as many of those (wides, especially) will not cover the sensor and will vignette heavily.
Another very compact and good line of lenses that can be used on aps-c mirrorless cameras are the ones designed for half frame cameras, like the pen F-FT line that, being designed to cover a 18*24mm negative should cover the (roughly) 16*25mm aps-c sensor with little to none vignetting.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
uddhava wrote:

The K-01 has standard pentax k mount: this means that unlikely other mirrorless cameras, you will have more or less the same limitations in adapting that you have with a standard dslr.
But you can mount m42's on it, just like on all other pentax dslr's, with a simple and cheap adapter - there's also one produced by pentax itself.
As for using smaller lenses, actually the mirrorless aps-c cameras allow to use most rangefinder lenses, which are averagely much more compact than their slr's counterparts, especially in the wide range.
The very short register distance also allows the use of some smaller formats cine and tv lenses (like the ones designed for 16mm film, in c-mount), that can be even more compact. The only caveat here is to check for coverage as many of those (wides, especially) will not cover the sensor and will vignette heavily.
Another very compact and good line of lenses that can be used on aps-c mirrorless cameras are the ones designed for half frame cameras, like the pen F-FT line that, being designed to cover a 18*24mm negative should cover the (roughly) 16*25mm aps-c sensor with little to none vignetting.

Thank you for the thorough reply!