Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miranda Auto 50MM f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way to identify the eight lens version is to count the reflexes. Close the aperture to f/16 and count the reflexes on the front group only:
* If there are seven reflexes, it's the eight lens version
* If there are five reflexes, it's the seven lens version

CAUTION!
* two of the seven reflexes of the eight lens version are very close to each other
* one of the reflexes of the eight lens version is a bit difficult to spot: the flat cemented surface reflects only if the angle between light source and your eye is correct (like and ordinary flat mirror!). The reflected image appears to be large in size.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto Miranda EC 50mm 1.4 @1.4, Sony A7 ii. The more I use this lens, the more I like it.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jcline46 wrote:

Auto Miranda EC 50mm 1.4 @1.4, Sony A7 ii. The more I use this lens, the more I like it.

Quoted so pic shows.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ist post can't contain pics. You're good to go now.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jcline46 wrote:

It is a beautiful study.
The lens is a very good one, and you have used it well.
Tom

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miranda 50mm EC 1.4 @1.4, Sony A7 ii 1/60 sec. handheld.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Superb lens.
Back element is completely flat - ala Tomioka ....... so I wonder..... ?
Anyway here is a shot at full aperture.
T

My 50mm f/1.4 Auto Miranda (not E or EC) has a 46mm filter thread and the rear element is flat (completely flat to my eyes). It came from a Sensorex C camera. From Sensorex C's user manual, the last element of this 8/6 lens has a slight curvature, while the 7/5 50mm f/1.4 lens's rear element is flat. I am confused. It could be because the slight curvature is almost flat to my eyes.

Yes, it can be deceptive.
If you really want to see if it is flat, hold a piece of paper on its edge across it and up against the light. Any curvature will show at the ends.
And, my eyes may have been seeing flatness where there was slight curvature. so perhaps my eyes are the problem Smile
Tom

That's a good trick. I tried it but found the rear element is just a little inside the mount so it is hard to tell. Anyways, I really like the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

The bokeh is quite splendid as you have shown here.
Lovely
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also at widest aperture from this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And at f2.8
The image has been square cropped
Click image for better detail, then click again to enlarge
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Also at widest aperture from this lens.

Both are good shots. Wide open performance is very good. My copy has oil on the blades and they don't always close down the f8/11/16, but I can live with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick shot this afternoon.
Not much colour left in the garden, so very little subject matter
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Tom

Nice. Is it still the African daisy? Here in northern hemisphere, flowers are fading as well.

My Auto Miranda and Miranda E 50mm f/1.8 arrived; Miranda E 28mm and 35mm, both long version arrived as well. Perhaps we should consolidate Miranda posts into a single thread? Don't know how easy that would be. The 28mm long version seems to be an 8 element design. I'll share the optical scheme later.

I inadvertently found on my desk a Soligor 25mm f/2.8 preset, with the serial number starting with m. Presumably it was made by Miranda. However, Miranda's own 25mm f/2.8 seems to be a longer lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

Nice. Is it still the African daisy? Here in northern hemisphere, flowers are fading as well.

My Auto Miranda and Miranda E 50mm f/1.8 arrived; Miranda E 28mm and 35mm, both long version arrived as well. Perhaps we should consolidate Miranda posts into a single thread? Don't know how easy that would be. The 28mm long version seems to be an 8 element design. I'll share the optical scheme later.

I inadvertently found on my desk a Soligor 25mm f/2.8 preset, with the serial number starting with m. Presumably it was made by Miranda. However, Miranda's own 25mm f/2.8 seems to be a longer lens.

Oh, the daisy, I am not sure. It is hardy and needs little attention.
As for Miranda lenses, yes, maybe a single thread would be good. I do not know how to manage that.
The 28 and 35 longs are both excellent
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

This is my best answer. The Auto Miranda 25mm f2.8 was released in;
1st version, arm which has external aperture control, clickless aperture
2nd version with internal aperture control. This version has click stops.
3rd version was the E.
This version has click stops.
Was not released in EC.

Now there was also a Soligor Miranda version which was identical too the Miranda version.

There were also Miranda lenses released as M code under the Soligor name.
Look at your lens and compare aperture markings to a Miranda lens. They are identical.

Why this is a short version not a long version I can't answer.
The long version is a 8/7 design.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Tom

This is my best answer. The Auto Miranda 25mm f2.8 was released in;
1st version, arm which has external aperture control, clickless aperture
2nd version with internal aperture control. This version has click stops.
3rd version was the E.
This version has click stops.
Was not released in EC.

Now there was also a Soligor Miranda version which was identical too the Miranda version.

There were also Miranda lenses released as M code under the Soligor name.
Look at your lens and compare aperture markings to a Miranda lens. They are identical.

Why this is a short version not a long version I can't answer.
The long version is a 8/7 design.

Thanks. Mine is a Soligor lens by Miranda with M code. It is a preset lens with aperture mechanism at the rear end, much like the Miranda clickless design. The other lenses
in this T mount series which I have (28mm, 35, 105mm) are probably made by Tokina.

Here is the link to the optical scheme of all these Miranda lenses.

https://pacificrimcamera.com/rl/01709/01709.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one of my shots from above with some post processing of light levels.
It gives a better idea of the definition that this lens is capable of
Tom

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know who made the 8 element lens for Miranda. I just got a lovely copy on whaat seems a fully working sensorex camera in very good condition.