Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir24-N...First shot with this lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Mir24-N...First shot with this lens Reply with quote

I've had the lens a few days but only got round to fitting it yesterday, and didn't get a chance to use it yesterday lunchtime so made a quick shot on the way home from work:

Wide open and ISO 400 so not a great test, but it seems to perform well under these difficult conditions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES. This is a great warm shoot, this lens one of the favorite of Orio.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice result, very good lens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's the very first manual prime lens that I bought, almost 20 years ago.
Very sharp stopped down, but more than acceptable also wide open, it's a useable f/2. Absolutely stunning in close-up shots. It is also one of the not many non-Zeiss lenses to deliver an impressive 3D effect under appropriate conditions.
Last year, when I sold part of my Nikon equipment, I kept this lens and sold the Nikkor 2./35 instead.

-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks - it will be interesting to see how it compares to my Nikkor 35mm f2 in better conditions. Colour saturation is definitely stronger.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
Thanks folks - it will be interesting to see how it compares to my Nikkor 35mm f2 in better conditions. Colour saturation is definitely stronger.

Yes, this is one of the reasons I love it Smile
By the way, I forgot to tell you, I love this night shot. Perfectly balanced and it renders a great mood.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shot! It really seems to be a nice lens!
(I bought the Nikkor 2.0/35 from Orio, the lens that had to go while the MIR-24N could stay. Since I really think the Nikkor 2.0/35 is a great lens, I can imagine how much Orio likes the MIR-24!)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a cod'n chips and a deep-fried Mars Bar, please.
Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really nice shot! Look how all those colors come together it's great.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I miss those fish and chips. Had some in Canterbury last time I was over.

Nice lens - bears checking out.

Orio - did you really prefer it to the nikkor? I have the 2 and the 1.4 and they are among the best. Wow

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:

Orio - did you really prefer it to the nikkor? I have the 2 and the 1.4 and they are among the best. Wow
patrickh

After I bought the Distagons, the Nikkor wasn't my best performing 35mm anymore, so I preferred to keep the MIR because it gives me something different - a Russian flavour - that the other lenses don't.

-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart

patrickh