Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir-24M disassembly and servicing?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Mir-24M disassembly and servicing? Reply with quote

My next servicing project is a Mir-24M - it desperately needs the focusing helicoid(s) cleaning and re-lubricating.

Before I jump in blindly, I'm wondering if anyone else has experience of dismantling and servicing this particular model? I've found some web resources on the Mir-24H, but whilst the optical formula is the same, the lens looks physically rather different...

Thanks in advance! Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24M is M42, 24H is Nikon F IIRC.
Post some pics of the lens, so we know which one we're talking about.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
24M is M42, 24H is Nikon F IIRC.
Post some pics of the lens, so we know which one we're talking about.

That's correct, the 24H is Nikon F-mount, but this is the 24M in M42 mount. Here's my copy:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more try to see if anyone has any experience of disassembly for the Mir-24M, please?

I'm about to start work on it, and if I can learn any hints, tips or cautions before I begin, I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance Smile