Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir 20M or Mir 47?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elmar Lang wrote:
Hello,

I revive this thread, because I see that a detail was missed, about the MIR 20M.

Let's not forget that the three filters are part of the optical scheme of the lens so, one of them should always be mounted to the rear, threaded mount.

Using colour films, the "UF-1x"; with B/W, the "O-2,8x" or the "ZHZ-2x" (orange-yellow and yellow-green) resp.

Missing this detail, the quality of the lens decreases drastically, thus the reason of negative opinions on this wideangle.

In the practical use, I've found this lens of great quality. I've purchased it in the past september, in like-new condition; its serial no. is 842848, complete with metal-fitted leather case, with lens's name embossed on the lid, this, with compartment containing the mentioned filters.

The lens itself is superbly finished.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Elmar Lang wrote:
Hello,

I revive this thread, because I see that a detail was missed, about the MIR 20M.

Let's not forget that the three filters are part of the optical scheme of the lens so, one of them should always be mounted to the rear, threaded mount.

Using colour films, the "UF-1x"; with B/W, the "O-2,8x" or the "ZHZ-2x" (orange-yellow and yellow-green) resp.

Missing this detail, the quality of the lens decreases drastically, thus the reason of negative opinions on this wideangle.

In the practical use, I've found this lens of great quality. I've purchased it in the past september, in like-new condition; its serial no. is 842848, complete with metal-fitted leather case, with lens's name embossed on the lid, this, with compartment containing the mentioned filters.

The lens itself is superbly finished.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

How is this lens different from, say, 16mm Zenitar, which gets better performance by removing rear filter & readjusting focus? Thanks.