Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir 10A/Helios 44-2..taken on Zenit B=Film Ilford 50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Mir 10A/Helios 44-2..taken on Zenit B=Film Ilford 50 Reply with quote

These are just some recent shots - all with zenit B, handheld. Most are shot at 60th. Only slight adjustment to levels to compensate for scanner washout. Other than that they are untouched. Sadly my scanner is sub-par but hopefully they at least mildly interesting.

Helios 44-2:

Mir 10A:

Thanks
~Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous Marc. The contrast is amazing - is this Pan F film? I'm coming to the end of my first roll of Pan F myself and I truly hope I can match your results. The MIR 10 shot is my favourite.

I'm intrigued - did it suddenly snow while you were changing lenses? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Marc - I really love the old man in profile. I am a sucker for those portraits which capture someone unaware (and usually disinterested).

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, REALLY love them all.

I am especially impressed by the portrait. You see often this kind of portrait (of old man or woman) in the galleries, but done in a manneristic, aestheticistic way. Yours on the contrary is true. It is authentic. And strong.

Excellent also #3. A common subject (street photo) with a twist, something new and unexpected. Creative. I love creative surprises.

Congratulations.
Your scanner may be sub-par, but your photography is definitely well above-par.

-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great range of tones!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series Marc
I prefer the mir shot.
I like also the reflexion of the girl in the window.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much everyone...I never really expected that much of a positive response. To answer your questions peter...yes it is pan F film. It really is wonderful film...super fine grain but a little less forgiving than other ones. It seems to underexpose and overexpose very easily; even if your off one step it will ruin a picture (at least in my experience). And yes it actually did snow while I was changing lenses. There's probably a two day gap between those pictures. haha

Here are some more from the helios 44-2:

Thanks
~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first 2 of the last series even much

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really nice shots here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to all those comments: wonderful toning and No. 3 is an impressive example for an interesting street shot.

Michael