Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mir-1 repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Mir-1 repair Reply with quote

I am considering getting my Mir-1 repaired. The lubrication in the focussing feels like it has turned to glue. It was for some time my favourite lens. The optics are perfect, so probably worth doing.

The price is around 60 GBP for a full CLA, and for that they will reset the preset aperture ring, which is off by one click.

Does that price compare well to buying a good Mir-1? I need to take the least expensive option.

I have considered doing it myself, but I know I will screw it up Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fairly expensive CLA considering the simplicity of the lens.

I've personally re-lubed 3 of them. It's not a difficult process. In fact, I have a manual for it. If you PM me with your email, I'll send it along. Then you can evaluate the cost for yourself.

I know how the aperture system works too and can't seem to imagine how it would be a click off...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds interesting, but for me, quite dangerous Embarassed

I'll fire you a PM across now and take a chance Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently in bits and being cleaned Shocked Just hope I remember to put it back in the right order Confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...still in parts all over the desk. it is VERY warn out inside Confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to clean helicoids that I've found is a mixture of de-greasing dish detergent and baking soda. Use a medium-hard toothbrush. Make sure to mark the point of separation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
That's a fairly expensive CLA considering the simplicity of the lens.

I've personally re-lubed 3 of them. It's not a difficult process. In fact, I have a manual for it. If you PM me with your email, I'll send it along. Then you can evaluate the cost for yourself.

I know how the aperture system works too and can't seem to imagine how it would be a click off...

I am planning to tune up my Mir-1 as well.

hoping to get the manual from you, thanks.