Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta X700/Rokkor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Minolta X700/Rokkor Reply with quote

Here are some pictures taken with the three Rokkors on X700 .It was the only outfit taken this June with me at the Black Sea resort where I tried to repair my lumbar spine.
The lab almost ruined the films , I had to work a little to try to repair the images on computer.
Rokkor 45mm/2 ,Fuji 400 xtra

Rokkor 28mm/2,8

Rokkor 24mm /2.8 MC

fuji Reala 100 (if I remember well)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lines on edges are heavily aliased ... what type of resize you use?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Capture one trial version .but the files were processed for sharpening , then denoise maybe it's from there
I belive it's the oversharpening , these are some files prepared for uploading some time ago on a site where I had severe loss of sharpness i tried to compensate by oversharpening .
Thanks for notifying , I have to check this problem.
The canon program works better (probably there are some settings that I've done wrong) :

Last edited by yinyangbt on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised by the flare of the MC 24/2.8 .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
lines on edges are heavily aliased ... what type of resize you use?

Yes, it seems that resizing with Canon's Zoom browser doesn't produce this pattern .
Interior of the St.Peter and Paul cathedral in Constanta, Romania . handheld rokkor24mm.Superia 400

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series. I see it's allowed to photograph inside mosquees?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice series. I see it's allowed to photograph inside mosquees?

Thank you , Orio !
I was surprised too , when I asked permission that they allowed.
Anyhow, our muslims (turks and tatars ethnics) aren't fundamentalists. Laughing It was the first time I visited the Constanta mosque wich was offered as a gift for the muslim community by the King Carol I of Romania at the end of the XIXe century.
The smaller mosque is the one in Mangalia and is a monument from 1575 erected by the daughter of the sultan Selim II .It is surrounded by a muslim graveyard with monuments that are 300 years old

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful grey and blue colours in the lighthouse shot, Teo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Wonderful grey and blue colours in the lighthouse shot, Teo

Thank you , Peter , that means that I succeeded correcting the colours Laughing The uncorrected scan had a powerful magenta hue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Laughing Anyway. I think you made a good job of it.

I don't think I've scanned 400 Xtra yet, but I get a magenta or blue cast with many colour neg films:
http://forum.mflenses.com/photoshop-actions-t34733.html

I don't think it's the V700 scanner itself as 1 or 2 types of film and all slides scan OK, so I think it must be the Epson Scan software not coping with the natural orange/cyan cast of the film base.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series, love the interior photo with the red carpet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Excellent series, love the interior photo with the red carpet.

Thank you for stopping , Bill, glad you liked !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Embarassed Laughing Anyway. I think you made a good job of it.

I don't think I've scanned 400 Xtra yet, but I get a magenta or blue cast with many colour neg films:
http://forum.mflenses.com/photoshop-actions-t34733.html

I don't think it's the V700 scanner itself as 1 or 2 types of film and all slides scan OK, so I think it must be the Epson Scan software not coping with the natural orange/cyan cast of the film base.

In fact these with the little mosque and the lighthouse are on Fuji Reala 100.It was for the first time that I shot on this film . Scanned on Noritsu at "the corner lab" ,the same that almost ruined my films like those of Carsten (in his Baltic sea series).
I don't know if it was the scanning or the developping itself , but I suppose that there were the scanner settings .
I'd like to have my own scanner ,to scan my over 120 films ,but it seems it's not the moment , yet Confused Maybe I should stop with these lenses ! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta X700/Rokkor Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Here are some pictures taken with the three Rokkors on X700 .It was the only outfit taken this June with me at the Black Sea resort where I tried to repair my lumbar spine.
The lab almost ruined the films , I had to work a little to try to repair the images on computer.
Rokkor 45mm/2 ,Fuji 400 xtra

I like this one a lot, too. Excellent comp, I'll PM you my address as to where
to send that Rokkor 45/2... Laughing I like the Fuji Xtra 400, great results in a cheap film. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , I can say that I like it better than the Reala 100 , until now.
and this rokkor 45/2 is surprisingly good Laughing .
I am curious how it's going to behave on digital , but I don't have yet the appropriate body (if I don't find one, maybe I'll ship it to you Laughing )