Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta X-370 + MD Rokkor 50mm/1.7 + Superia 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Minolta X-370 + MD Rokkor 50mm/1.7 + Superia 200 Reply with quote

My first shot with film on digital era. Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

EX3 by adrifaisal, on Flickr

Ex1 by adrifaisal, on Flickr

Trans Jakarta Busway by adrifaisal, on Flickr

Ibu2 lensanya sangar Canon TS 17mm by adrifaisal, on Flickr

Jazzer jalanan by adrifaisal, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice and sharp series, great to see Jakarta pics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice and sharp series, great to see Jakarta pics

+1 Yes, and another Minolta fan! Smile

The leaning design of the buildings in Ex1 makes it difficult to keep the camera truly horizontal. You could have used the lamppost and the tall buildings in the background as a guide. Now where are my seasick tablets? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Great success on first series!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu: thanks, rokkor series is sharp lens, love all of them. This is Jakarta on Sunday morning, we only enjoy Jakarta on Sunday morning, "Car Free Day". On business day we familiar with traffic jammed.

Peterqd: Smile Smile Smile Hehehe....I'm Minolta fan...I have two Minolta camera X-370 & X-700 and MD Rokkor 50/1.7 & MD Rokkor-X 135mm/3.5. I am buying MD Rokkor 28/3.5 and MC Rokkor-PG 50/1.4 from ebay.co.uk, also MC Rokkor-SG 28/3.5 and MC Rokkor-QD 135/3.5 from rockycameras.com (England based) but not arrive right now. My best friend on Surrey help me to buying and send to Jakarta. I have plan to get Minolta XG & XE
Thanks for your advice about perspective, it's good idea, never imagine before that the lamppost and buildings in the background as guide. Thank you very much, I'm learning man.

Attila: Thanks and to be continue with another roll

For All: Sorry..... very bad on English Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by adrifaisal on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No excuse about your English, this is an international forum many member has bad English. Don't worry !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrifaisal wrote:
Peterqd: Smile Smile Smile Hehehe....I'm Minolta fan...I have two Minolta camera X-370 & X-700 and MD Rokkor 50/1.7 & MD Rokkor-X 135mm/3.5. I am buying MD Rokkor 28/3.5 and MC Rokkor-PG 50/1.4 from ebay.co.uk, also MC Rokkor-SG 28/3.5 and MC Rokkor-QD 135/3.5 from rockycameras.com (England based) but not arrive right now. My best friend on Surrey help me to buying and send to Jakarta. I have plan to get Minolta XG & XE
Thanks for your advice about perspective, it's good idea, never imagine before that the lamppost and buildings in the background as guide. Thank you very much, I'm learning man.

I have an XG-M, XD7 and my favourite, X-500. And my Minolta lens list is almost the same as yours except I don't have the MD 135. I know you're going to love them. You also have to get the 3.5/35-70 zoom (preferably the one with macro mode). It's the best medium zoom I've ever used. Apparently it was built by Minolta for the Leica R cameras. Rocky has a reputation for slow mailing and poor communication so don't get too worried about it yet. I'm sure with your friend's help all will go well but if I can help in any way just let me know.

By the way, I understood your English perfectly, no need for any apologies at all. I'm always amazed how people from all over the world can use English so well, well done to you! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series and the Rokkor 1.7/50... rocks Smile
But next time I would not mind larger pictures directly in the thread, instead of having to go back and forth to Flickr to
see a decent enlargement.
Sorry, I do not mean to be nasty but viewing pictures this way takes 3 times the time it would take to view inside forum directly,
and personally I can do that once in a while, exceptionally, but if it has to be standard, I would sadly skip seeing the pictures next time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
adrifaisal wrote:

I have an XG-M, XD7 and my favourite, X-500. And my Minolta lens list is almost the same as yours except I don't have the MD 135. I know you're going to love them. You also have to get the 3.5/35-70 zoom (preferably the one with macro mode). It's the best medium zoom I've ever used. Apparently it was built by Minolta for the Leica R cameras. Rocky has a reputation for slow mailing and poor communication so don't get too worried about it yet. I'm sure with your friend's help all will go well but if I can help in any way just let me know.

By the way, I understood your English perfectly, no need for any apologies at all. I'm always amazed how people from all over the world can use English so well, well done to you! Smile

XG-M classic camera, my favourite. For lens I like fix focal lens, I have Sigma Zoom Master 35-70 but never used, dark viewfinder, and not drastic (2x zoom). But if you have information another lens build from Minolta-Leica colaboration please share to me.
No problem with Rocky, only two days take a time from Rocky to Surrey, the problem is international shipping, normaly 2-3 weeks from England to Jakarta, but I'm patient man. The route: Rocky-->My Friend on Surrey (2 days), Surrey-->Jakarta (2-3 weeks).

Thanks, I'm learning and practice English too in this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice series and the Rokkor 1.7/50... rocks Smile
But next time I would not mind larger pictures directly in the thread, instead of having to go back and forth to Flickr to
see a decent enlargement.
Sorry, I do not mean to be nasty but viewing pictures this way takes 3 times the time it would take to view inside forum directly,
and personally I can do that once in a while, exceptionally, but if it has to be standard, I would sadly skip seeing the pictures next time.

Thanks, Rokkor=Rocker for me Laughing , the color result is bold, love them.
Minolta MD is cheap lens against to Nikon AIS/AI, but they are good ones, have Leica gen.
Sorry for your inconvenience, next time I place big pict direct to the thread. Thanks for your time to seeing my photo.