Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Rokkor 28mm 2,5 SI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Minolta Rokkor 28mm 2,5 SI Reply with quote

This is a fantastic lens.

[url]Les jeunes de la Défense by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very under rated lens, one of my best 28's, costs 1/5 of what my next best 28mm lens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great image, and a great lens as well. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the 28mm 2.5 returns a lot of quality for relatively little$$. Nice lens and nice pic there. Best, jt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens spent three months under an Ikea lamp to cure yellowing. Well worth this little effort.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn’t seem to be much info out there about this lens. Do you have anymore sample pictures?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some info here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/all-eight-minolta-28mm-rokkor-computations-compared-t77162,highlight,%2Bminolta+%2Brokkor+%2B28mm+%2B2+%2B5.html

My copy of the 2,5 after curing yellowing seems better than what i see there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pics:

[url][/url]Printemps by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/url]

And these last two fully opened:

[url][/url]Tunnel by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/url]

[url][/url]Dans la boîte | In the box by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I just picked one up. It was pretty cheap so worth trying.
The flower picture seems to have a good amount of CA though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you bought one.

I do not see any fringing. By the way these flowers were not purely white Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any CA in the flower picture.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have to deyellow yours? If so, then how did you deyellow it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating this for others just in case they come upon this thread in the future.
De-yellowing this lens is super simple. I have a small UV led flashlight that I use to hunt scorpions.
The flashlight has a flat surface that rests perfectly on the metal around the rear element without touching the glass.
I put a down a piece of aluminum foil, put the front of the lens down on the foil then put the flashlight on the metal around the rear element.
A couple of hours and the yellow cast is gone. No disassembly required. Please let me know if pictures would help.

I bought my flashlight long ago, so not this one, but looks exactly like this light:

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Portable-Ultraviolet-Detector-Batteries/dp/B00GU55270/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=uv+flash&qid=1567808180&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-7

I tried to use the same method with my Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50 f/1.8.
On that lens this had no effect. That Zeiss is as yellow as it started and I have had that UV light on there for days.
Not sure what I am going to do about that lens.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbass wrote:
Updating this for others just in case they come upon this thread in the future.
De-yellowing this lens is super simple. I have a small UV led flashlight that I use to hunt scorpions.
The flashlight has a flat surface that rests perfectly on the metal around the rear element without touching the glass.
I put a down a piece of aluminum foil, put the front of the lens down on the foil then put the flashlight on the metal around the rear element.
A couple of hours and the yellow cast is gone. No disassembly required. Please let me know if pictures would help.

I bought my flashlight long ago, so not this one, but looks exactly like this light:

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Portable-Ultraviolet-Detector-Batteries/dp/B00GU55270/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=uv+flash&qid=1567808180&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-7

I tried to use the same method with my Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50 f/1.8.
On that lens this had no effect. That Zeiss is as yellow as it started and I have had that UV light on there for days.
Not sure what I am going to do about that lens.

3 weeks of LED from an IKEA (Jansjö) helped on mine.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikea lamp on a pancolar?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can post results in a new thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I am trying that on my Pancolar right now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had good luck with a cheap LED UV light bulb used for indoor plants. I just put it in a normal light fixture a little above the lens I was treating. I used it it to de yellow a Minolta 28mm 2.5 and 58mm 1.2 in just a couple days, the extra power probably helped to speed it up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do 'em in bulk! Wink

I got this UV lightbox at a radio ham fair, apparently it was used to cure electronic components encased in resin Question whatever....it only cost me £5 and works just fine.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: 28mm Rokkor SI strikes back Reply with quote

Who said you cannot use wide angle lenses for portrait?

Zeiss? Bokeh and all? 3D? Separation?

It is all yours.

[img][/url]Beauté noire adaptée au Covid | Covid adapted black beauty by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome picture the last one!