Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Rokkor 100/2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Sometimes you drop lucky, and you just did. Very Happy

Yes, it seems I did. I have bought quite a few not-so-good camera kits from the same store (mostly to contribute to their work, their profits go to charity) and they usually ask the same price almost regardless of the actual lenses included (they really have no clue what they´re selling), so I figured I´ve earned this one Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some great deals myself, but this one is a real steal. I expect it to be nothing less than outstanding.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adapter arrived yesterday (Rainbow Imaging on eBay has China prices and US delivery times, i.e. not four weeks to Europe) so, naturally, I had to shoot something and post it here.
That something turned out to be my glass of Coke and my daughter's bike (36 MP versions available by clicking the links):

Minolta MC TELE ROKKOR-PF 100/2 test shot (f/4) by scepticswe, on Flickr

Minolta MC TELE ROKKOR-PF 100/2 test shot (f/2) by scepticswe, on Flickr

Focusing turned out to be ever so stiff when trying to fine tune the focus point, so perhaps I'll strip her down and grease her up...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great performance (as expected)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with that lens is limited. Only two of them. One was a time ago, very nice lens I remember. The actual is very good one too.

Only a bit strong the CA in backlight situations, especailly at F/2 to F/4.

If you want to use it with a bright back (f.e. clear or white wall, bright window, etc) perhaps you will need to subexposed the subject, or have strong CA.

There are a lot of those lenses with problems with the coating in the internal rear elements. I saw some.

Horacio.