Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD Zoom 35-70mm F3.5 macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD Zoom 35-70mm F3.5 macro Reply with quote

The MFD of 0.8m in non macro mode doesn't look too handy Shocked
Will post some test shots later, the a6000 is charging!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen, this is a superb zoom lens. Leica thought so too, they re-badged it and sold it under their own brand.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see your results, i have that lens recently CLA'ed but never used
it yet, still waiting for the adapter...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're gonna love it! Very Happy it's a great lens.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do such amazing things with the lens samples you post here. I also cannot wait to see your samples. This lens is really nice and very sharp on digital.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and its great. The macro is probably the only bad thing, not because its lousy quality, but because it's limited

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all the comments AND it works a treat with the Lens Turbo II giving you the original and very useful fields of view !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 35-70mm f3.5 quality? Reply with quote

I picked up recently at ebay a copy of Vivitar 35-70mm f3.5 made by komine I believe (serial starts at 28XXXXX). Wonder if this one quality is matched to the minolta 35-70mm mentioned here?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so here are the images Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 35-70mm f3.5 quality? Reply with quote

alonpo wrote:
I picked up recently at ebay a copy of Vivitar 35-70mm f3.5 made by komine I believe (serial starts at 28XXXXX). Wonder if this one quality is matched to the minolta 35-70mm mentioned here?

This is another decent 35-70 lens, the Vivitar is not a bad lens at all. But the Minolta is the one I reach for when I want a shorter zoom for a walkabout lens. I think nearly every manufacturer struggled to sell a short zoom that was up to the Minolta's high standard, a lot of very good lenses were overshadowed by this lens.

You have some terrific images there Karen, I can see you using this lens a lot. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, try it with the lens turbo, as hemeterfilms suggests, and get the wide angle as you were supposed to get. I do it's great. The adapter is much shorter too.

And with the Minolta lens turbo, you get double use from it with an M42 adapter. Yaaay!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a lens turbo, I think they're way too expensive. For that money I'd gladly take a few steps back and buy a couple of new lenses. Wink

I have no experience with the vivitar.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

experimentation with long shutter speed and zoom during shutter opening

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I have some more, this leans is a joy to use Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure a nice zoom, i do own a mint copy, too. Wink but: the canon fd 35-105mm does resolve more lp/mm and therefore more detail, and is into the end better than this somehow overhyped, overrated minolta - but it's indeed good...the canon is just a bit better...

http://www.fdreview.com/lens-review.php?itemid=110

note: i am not in any way a canon fan, i use almost all brands -except- canon, but i must say that zoom is great...unfortunately, my copy
developed glas funghi, and i've bought a new copy...should be here, also with a FD to E-mount adapter into the next 2 weeks...

some of my work, but made with af lenses - http://1x.com/member/doomedforever

Karen, very nice samples, congrats! Very Happy Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of the Minolta, I've even got a spare for when I wear my everyday lens out. Wink Every time I use it I am always more than happy with the results, for me it is a perfect lens when I only want to take one lens with me.
The Canon is a terrific lens, I had the chance to buy one and had it in my possession for a few months ( I was selling a bunch of Canon gear for a friend, and a member here now has the lens )I used it a lot, loved it. Maybe it is technically better than the Minolta, but in the end I didn't buy it from my friend, I kept my Minolta.
It's smaller, lighter, and I would say you have got to do some really critical pixel peeping to find any major difference.

But I did like the Canon a lot. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Lloydy

i do agree with you, i love the minolta colors...well, the canon gives you a bit more reach with 105mm at the end,
instead of just 70mm...but i have also some minolta mc/md rokkors, just like my yashica & zeiss c/y mount items,
and konica ar hexanon's...i do love the look of the older lenses, the haptics, the coatings...the IQ that they give you...
much more than today's AF lenses...i'd guess that's why i am here onto MFlenses... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
sorry I have some more, this leans is a joy to use Wink

+1 keep them coming please Karen! Smile