Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD Zoom 24-35/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Rigel wrote:
Can anyone advise here ? Would €80 be an acceptable purchase price for this lens ? It seems to be in a "good" state ... (I already have the 35-70 macro version)
TIA!

It is a "common" price ... the lens is OK, but a contemporary prime (Minolta MD-III 2.8/24mm, MD-III 3.5/35mm or MD-III 2.8/35mm) has a much better performance on 24MP FF. These little primes even clearly outperform the Canon 3.5/20-35mm L or 3.5/24-35mm L.

The MD 24-35mm is quite small, and if you don't need perfect corners, the lens might be a valuable companion.

Stephan

Thank you for the info. Does it make a difference if it is to be used on an A6000? I have several other 28 and 35 mm primes but the combo 24-35mm sounded nice. But I read the Konica 24-35mm is supposed to be a lot better, but very hard to find and at an acceptable price.
cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Rigel wrote:
Can anyone advise here ? Would €80 be an acceptable purchase price for this lens ? It seems to be in a "good" state ... (I already have the 35-70 macro version)
TIA!

It is a "common" price ... the lens is OK, but a contemporary prime (Minolta MD-III 2.8/24mm, MD-III 3.5/35mm or MD-III 2.8/35mm) has a much better performance on 24MP FF. These little primes even clearly outperform the Canon 3.5/20-35mm L or 3.5/24-35mm L.

The MD 24-35mm is quite small, and if you don't need perfect corners, the lens might be a valuable companion.

Stephan

Thank you for the info. Does it make a difference if it is to be used on an A6000? I have several other 28 and 35 mm primes but the combo 24-35mm sounded nice. But I read the Konica 24-35mm is supposed to be a lot better, but very hard to find and at an acceptable price.
cheers.

To my knowledge, Konica never manufactured a 24-35mm zoom lens. Are you maybe confusing it with something else? Maybe because of the Konica Minolta merger. If that is the case, then the lens you are talking about is the same one discussed here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:

cheers.

There was no Konica AR 24-35mm lens. There's a 21/35mm dual focus, though, but it's a later construction and probably much better than the "ordinary" vintage 24-35 or 24-50 lenses.

I would assume that a good, modern APS-C zoom is better suited for the A6000 than any of the "ordinary" vintage 24-35 or 24-50mm zooms.

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Rigel wrote:

cheers.

There was no Konica AR 24-35mm lens. There's a 21/35mm dual focus, though, but it's a later construction and probably much better than the "ordinary" vintage 24-35 or 24-50 lenses.

I would assume that a good, modern APS-C zoom is better suited for the A6000 than any of the "ordinary" vintage 24-35 or 24-50mm zooms.

Stephan

Indeed .. had my wires x-d some way ... thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no thread for MD 24-50 mm f/4. It is clearly a bigger lens... but is it any good?
By the way Steve, let us know when your book on Minolta SR is ready. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 24-35 which I find very convenient and quite good stopped down. I would be happy to share some pics but I must admit I did not understand how to proceed. Shocked I am new to this forum.

Any link to a post explaining the way to go would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I found the trick:

[img]Chartres by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]