Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MINOLTA MD MACRO ROKKOR-X 3.5/100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: MINOLTA MD MACRO ROKKOR-X 3.5/100 Reply with quote

MINOLTA MD MACRO ROKKOR-X 100mm 1:3.5 [5/4]- 6 blades - ∅55 - 1978

Our first outing around the house... Bought it today !

With its dedicated macro tube and hood.
All are magnified a bit more than 1:1, due to the glassless SR-MA adapter.
Most are at Minimal Distance Focus, between f8 and f16.
Flash and diffuser. Handheld.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great lens, it's big and heavy but that's a small price to pay for such a good lens. Mine is missing the Minolta macro converter but I have a decent Kenmore that does the job, until I can find the proper one for sale somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!
Check that Tomato!
Awesome shots!
Can we see the Lens?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeardsAreBest wrote:

Can we see the Lens?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful results and beautiful lens.
Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks !

I had bought it for resale.....

Not sure i want to sell it now...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgotten shots from July '14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Forgotten shots" ....how can you forget those? This is a wonderful lens, and you use it well.

And I'm still looking for the genuine dedicated Minolta X2 converter for this lens. I will pay actual money for one! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
"Forgotten shots" ....how can you forget those? This is a wonderful lens, and you use it well.

And I'm still looking for the genuine dedicated Minolta X2 converter for this lens. I will pay actual money for one! Wink

I've a 50mm version with the adapter listed in the classifieds at a very good price, worth buying to keep the adapter and sell the lens Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1:1 adapters are different lengths, longer with the 100.
The one for the 55:
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_3249.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked Minolta macro Lenses a lot, again here is proof how excellent they are!!
Don't ever sell it Marcel (except maybe to me...)!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never tried the high ends Makro-Planar, Macro-Elmar and Macro APO-Lanthar's of the world,
but i think that in the "affordable macro lenses category", the Minolta rates way up there with the other
"people's choice award" lenses....

Still, it's a big chunk of glass for the Sony ɑ7 i now use...

When i was using a DSLR, i would enjoy using the big camera with its grip, a big and heavy lens
with extender and hood, to which i'd fit an off camera flash rig with a diffuser...
and i'd be comfortable going out like that, hunting for macros.....

Nowadays things are a bit different with the ɑ7...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the lens on the desk so it went on the Sony A6000 and I took the fat boy for a quick walk today. This is without the dedicated extender, it's just the lens, wide open, closest focus possible, ISO 1600. No PP at all, just sized.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

I have the Minolta MD 100mm F4. I assume that the Minolta x2 converter is the same for both lenses, and I might have one at home that I can sell.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an extender on it's way from Germany, the first one I've seen for sale without a lens. And I got lucky, I was the only bidder. Very Happy I don't think there's any technical difference between the the 3.5 and 4, although they are engraved for each lens, and the lenses are quite different I think? Maybe the f4 version would work? Thanks anyway Dnas. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, nice to have the set completed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I have an extender on it's way from Germany, the first one I've seen for sale without a lens. And I got lucky, I was the only bidder. Very Happy I don't think there's any technical difference between the the 3.5 and 4, although they are engraved for each lens, and the lenses are quite different I think? Maybe the f4 version would work? Thanks anyway Dnas. Cool

I wouldn't expect any difference between the extenders for the 100/3.5 & 100/4 macros.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extender has just arrived, and it's mint - I don't think it's ever been used. Very happy ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

What if we mount that extender to a regular Rokkor, let say 135 2.8 ? Will it have infinity focus while enjoying reduced mfd?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
The extender has just arrived, and it's mint - I don't think it's ever been used. Very happy ! Very Happy

How much did you get it for?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: question Reply with quote

listera wrote:
What if we mount that extender to a regular Rokkor, let say 135 2.8 ? Will it have infinity focus while enjoying reduced mfd?

The extender is is not a teleconverter, it's a matched extension tube. That means there will be no infinity focus when you use it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's so, what is the virtue of using the matching one instead of a regular and durable extension tube?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed just a tube, no optics. I does have a tripod mount which is essential for the very heavy lens. I do have a set of tubes with 36, 20, and 12mm tubes, but the genuine Minolta is a single 50mm tube so I couldn't get the right length with the set.
It's nice to have the right one as together with the lens they still fetch a very good price. I got the extender for £28 ( 40 Euro ) including postage. But I'm unlikely to sell it on, this will be something I use.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

listera wrote:
If that's so, what is the virtue of using the matching one instead of a regular and durable extension tube?

There is no difference except the length may be different.
A matched set(lens and 1:1 extender) will be worth more, the main reason is to get a calibrated 1:1 life size, not just close to it, if you know the magnification ratio, you can reproduce in print a life-size representation.