Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD lenses Reply with quote

Is anybody use them ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can only be used on manual Minolta cameras.

They are useless for every other purpose including use on autofocus Minolta cameras.

Them, and the Canon FD lenses, are the real victims after the digital rage.
And it's a pity, because both are said to be top notch lenses.

_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameraquest.com adapter Minolta MD lenses to Olympus-E-xxx available. Bit expensive 179 USD and also they have Exakta adapter. So both lenses has future on digital body. I have many excellent Exakta lenses and one Minolta MD 100mm f2. I am thinking on it to sell some lenses and buy an adapter just I can't decide which one, perhaps Exakta is the better choice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can mount them on a camera, Minolta lenses can be a great bargain, because they are sold super underpriced.

But before investing money in them, keep in mind that they will also be difficult to resell, if needed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes true, they are unsellable lenses. Smart to buy only for self purposes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, buy 'em once, buy 'em for life! Laughing Actually, good point, I'm not
ready for Elmarit/Summicron prime time, but I like good Nikon glass,
Yashica ML seems to hold good resale value, Flektogon, but Vivitar
doesn't seem to, is a bargain basement brand (though a good performer,
mostly) but I think I have enough Viv glass for awhile, and Soligor, but
the C/D lenses go for some, still.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a try with Olympus-OM lenses too, they are very performer and prices rising pretty well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
So, buy 'em once, buy 'em for life! Laughing Actually, good point, I'm not
ready for Elmarit/Summicron prime time, but I like good Nikon glass,
Yashica ML seems to hold good resale value, Flektogon, but Vivitar
doesn't seem to, is a bargain basement brand (though a good performer,
mostly) but I think I have enough Viv glass for awhile, and Soligor, but
the C/D lenses go for some, still.

One can approach a lens collection two ways - one is that of getting the lenses that you want to use, and sometimes getting also some "caprice" lenses that you just like to have - and then you don't mind about the resale price value, because you basically buy them to use them.
in this case, you usually spend little money, and buy only cheap affordable lenses, that will not be a problem, e.g. If I don't resell my Jupiter-37s, I don't mind, because I spent from 7 euros to max. 30 euros , so it was like, what you would spend on a Sunday trip or something like that.

Another approach is to spend money to get great lenses, because you are into photography so much that you want to know how it feels to photograph with super lenses.
In this case, unless you are rich, you need to also place care in what you buy. You need to buy lenses that are resellable, where you will, at least, get back the same money that you spent on them.
Buying an expensive Minolta lens in this moment, is a bad choice, because it is likely that you will lose money if you resell it. Unless you can afford to keep it on sale for, like, two years, then maybe you'll find someone ready to spend on it what you want.
Buying lenses that have a great resell value is a better investment. Because you know that not only you can resell them easily, but if you are smart in buying, and good in selling, you can actually earn a profit in the process. But mostly you know that you can sell these lenses anytime. I know that if I need to make money tomorrow, I can put my Leica or Zeiss lenses for sale, and within 7 or 15 days, sell all of them no problem, and probably also make some profit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the real smart choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Maestro Menoni has given forth with some sage advice! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Yes, Maestro Menoni has given forth with some sage advice! Wink

Sounds strange to read this, whenever I read my last name it doesn't sound like me, I always think of my father Smile
I've always been Orio for all my life, for everyone Smile
This also because it's a very rare name and the only two people I know with this name (one male and one female), were named after me Laughing

If I was a pro football player, I'd surely have my first name on the shirt, like the Brazilians Laughing

_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I tried "Maestro Orio" but it lacked a certain resonance. And
"Maestro Menoni" immediately struck me as having the right "loft" to
it! Laughing So that's how it came about...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

"Maestro Menoni" immediately struck me as having the right "loft" to
it! Laughing .

Yeah it sounds a bit like Mannerism or Baroque painter-sculptor! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like better too Maestro Menoni Smile