Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 75-150mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Minolta MD 75-150mm f/4 Reply with quote

This is a true jewel of a lens - wow!! It is the perfect complement to the superlative 35-70mm, and I wonder why did this one not become a Vario Elmar too? Perhaps it came out too late? More about it here: https://fourbillionyears.org/minolta-md-75-150mm-f-4/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos, and I totally agree. If I go out with zooms, it's nearly always the 35-70 and 75-150. A few others are nice too, but these two stand out and pair very well (and maybe add the 24-35 to cover wide angle as well, though it's not at the same level). I especially like its size. Yes, it's a bit long, but very thin (49mm filters) and relatively very light.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Dog I find it to be quite light and easy to carry around. I have read mixed reviews about the 24-35, so I have (so far...) stayed away from it. I usually carry the Rokkor 24mm when I go out with these two zooms, it is sort of a big jump from 24 to 35, but given the number of pixels that one has to work with these days I can always crop. Or put the 28mm Rokkor in the bag too...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy with the 24-35 but you need to stop it down twice for good sharpness across the frame. You should try it. I agree that the 75-150 is amazing, and your pics are spectacular.

My contribution to this thread:

[img]Tête du Torraz by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]