Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 16mm 2,8 Fisheye
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 16mm 2,8 Fisheye Reply with quote

I bought this lens sometimes ago but find it difficult to master. Technically it is excellent and better than the Zenitar 16mm I owned before (that was nevertheless a fine lens if you manage to get a good copy).

So this is not for day to day photography but it will certainly contribute to the honing of my skills.

[img][/url]Saint Clodoald by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive, is this full frame on your Sony?

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAck in a previous life, when I was a camera dealer, I owned a copy of this lens. It intrigued me so I mounted it to an SRT-101 and shot a roll of film. I was actually quite impressed. I found that, as a full-frame fisheye, composition wasn't all that difficult. One just had to be aware of where the horizon line was and place it in the center of the photo, if one was after a more or less normal looking shot.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your previous life memories are good. Excellent lens.

It requires you to be very close to the subject to avoid some infinity small looking subjects.
I find that it is even more difficult to get close than the issue of curved lines and horizon.

As much as I feel I can learn some lenses quite quickly as much it is clear I will need more than a life for this one.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumens pixel wrote:
Your previous life memories are good. Excellent lens.

It requires you to be very close to the subject to avoid some infinity small looking subjects.
I find that it is even more difficult to get close than the issue of curved lines and horizon.

Interesting you would say this. There are a few photos from the roll I took that I remember most clearly. I was taking pics of my cat, who was perched up on a wall, about a meter off the ground. I had to get within a foot -- maybe 30 cm -- away from him for the shot to be adequately filled with cat. I don't recall giving it much thought at the time, but now when I think back about thos pics and taking in what you wrote, I realize I must have been really close to him to fill the frame as well as I did. So, yes, the lens can end up being a challenge with many subjects, I suspect. And it is real easy for more distant subjects to become too tiny when using an ultra wide or very wide lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1