Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC W. Rokkor HG 35 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC W. Rokkor HG 35 2.8 Reply with quote

Just won one on the Bay for USD $2. I just hope I get it, I've been trying to get one for the last couple months. This is the first one at the right price. Very Happy I'm taking a big chance because it's in BC Canada.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that has one please post some pictures from it.It might be a while before I get this one depending on how long the strike lasts.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right price, jeesh, you're tough. I don't think it's so much a risk buying from Canada or for that matter, anywhere else. The risk is more associated with the individual seller, so feedback profile is important to pay attention to. Honestly though, I think buyers present more trouble to sellers than the reverse.

Back to the lens... I anticipate good results. Please share when you get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Walter. I have this lens. I posted some pictures in this thread. Scroll down to post 11 for this lens and make sure you click on the pictures, they are much sharper then:
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-madness-t19641,highlight,+minolta++madness.html

Hope it arrives OK, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it when it does. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
The right price, jeesh, you're tough. I don't think it's so much a risk buying from Canada or for that matter, anywhere else. The risk is more associated with the individual seller, so feedback profile is important to pay attention to. Honestly though, I think buyers present more trouble to sellers than the reverse.

Back to the lens... I anticipate good results. Please share when you get it.

The risk I was talking about is the Postal strike in Canada. Hopefully it won't last to long. By the way the seller ir really nice I've already talked to him he's going to ship the lens as soon as the strike is over.
I normally only have $20 to $25 to spend per month on camera equipment so I need to stretch my dollars. I've gotten pretty good at it. Very Happy Laughing

I will post some test shots as soon as I get the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Hello Walter. I have this lens. I posted some pictures in this thread. Scroll down to post 11 for this lens and make sure you click on the pictures, they are much sharper then:
http://forum.mflenses.com/minolta-madness-t19641,highlight,+minolta++madness.html

Hope it arrives OK, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it when it does. Wink

Peter, Thank You. I've seen plenty of tests and pics of the later MD lenses
but you don't see much on the earlier versions of this lens.
Looks like I'm going to really like this one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it today and it's a beauty.Of course with a no glass adapter onn a 10D
it's very limited what I can do with it. Now when I get my NEX or G1 it will be a different story.
I will try to update with more pictures later today.
So here it is. Minolta MC W Rokkor HG 35 2.8 on Cannon 10D with glassless adapter. Shot is at 2.8 with No PP.
Comments and Critiques are Welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for this beautiful lens!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Congrats for this beautiful lens!

Thank You.I think this ones a keeper, it seems to render colors nicely with no correction.
The next two shots are also at f2.8. Still missing focus slightly.
MUM

Oregon Grape Holly Leaf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like old Minolta lenses pretty much , better than latest ones. I have only two of them and I did try perhaps two new ones. Olders are much more pretty and at least good as or even better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results, you definitely got your money's worth! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that same lens & just put it on my G1 & took a couple quick shots for you with the lens wide open. I applied my standard PP no cropping, just re-sized to 800 on long side.

1. taken @ minimum focus distance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron. I'm leaning towards the G1. It's really nice to see what I can expect out of the lens.
I've seen some of your other posts with Minolta lenses on the G1. It seems to be a really good combo.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Excellent results, you definitely got your money's worth! Cool

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please C/C all coments are welcome.
The following shots are at f5.6 with no PP, just resized with no sharpening.
The Bee is a crop.

Bee On Garden Phlox

Bee Crop

Pink Crinum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Here's a few from me: Reply with quote

The Minolta MC W.Rokkor-HG 35mm 2.8 on the Panasonic GH1 (all wide open at f/2.8 ) Cool :

And one exposed for the background - checking bokeh (extreme crop) :

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, for posting. I hope to get a Panny soon myself, or the Nex so I can use my lens more.
So far the HG is my favorite of the Minolta 35mm focal length lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theme up (after 8 years of an oblivion) - another review is published:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice lens. I have it in MCIII. It is (7/6) lens, but there is also other Minolta MCIII 35mm F2.8 without HG letters and with a different formula (5/5). It's a bit shorter. I happen to have one as well. Shall compare them one day when the polar winter gives way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tf wrote:
Theme up (after 8 years of an oblivion) - another review is published

Going to miss the warm theme and the anime angle of reviews.

For those who want to experience old reviews by tf, I've been mirroring his site to Web Archive for a while now:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190723150646/https://lensqaworks.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidaho wrote:

Going to miss the warm theme and the anime angle of reviews.

For those who want to experience old reviews by tf, I've been mirroring his site to Web Archive for a while now:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190723150646/https://lensqaworks.com/

Thank you aidaho (to be honest - I miss it too.. ((,

offtopic:

you touched on the subject, and I have to say about this.
The site is linked to the anime, but on a deeper level.
I did a small survey, which showed that people's opinions about anime on the site - is strictly: 50/50. Someone loves, someone not.
And those who do not like it, all the time saying anything about their hidden fantasies,... and about copyrights Smile.

What would stop this debate, I have contacted with the real artist who draws a real anime (btw. - it was a surprice for me - that guys also are living on the Earth..).
Moreover, he is the lead character designer for the next "Ghost in the Shell" (it's cool Smile ). He gave me permission to use his own images for the site design. I think it is even better than just screenshots from anime. These samples are really arrived from the person who is living behind the backstage of anime production

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tf wrote:

I did a small survey, which showed that people's opinions about anime on the site - is strictly: 50/50. Someone loves, someone not.
And those who do not like it, all the time saying anything about their hidden fantasies,... and about copyrights Smile.

Haters gonna hate. I wouldn't sweat it.
Copyrights is a valid angle, but I doubt any of the studios would actually care.
Anyway, what's done is done.

tf wrote:

What would stop this debate, I have contacted with the real artist who draws a real anime (btw. - it was a surprice for me - that guys also are living on the Earth..).
Moreover, he is the lead character designer for the next "Ghost in the Shell" (it's cool Smile ). He gave me permission to use his own images for the site design. I think it is even better than just screenshots from anime. These samples are really arrived from the person who is living behind the backstage of anime production

Cool. I didn't know they had another GitS in the works. One of my favourites.