Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC Rokkor-X PF 50/1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Minolta MC Rokkor-X PF 50/1.7 Reply with quote

Another of my 35+ year lenses that I can't use anymore except for close-up. I haven't touched this one for decades, so today decided to give it some time with the typical close up shots of leaves and such. Sorry for the boring subject matter. In this type use, I don't think I can tell the difference between this and my 50/1.4. Sure have been thinking about a NEX more and more lately. I have quite a few lenses that won't see regular use otherwise.

2 I can't explain the background Confused

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series, I have almost bought this lens a few times as it's so common and cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice series of close up, first 4 are my favorites

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series. I have the same exact version of this lens. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pictures with cheapo lens.
Quote:
Sure have been thinking about a NEX more and more lately

why NEX ? many mirrorless cam Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Nice series. I have the same exact version of this lens. Smile

I thought you might.

IAZA wrote:
why NEX ? many mirrorless cam Very Happy

Short registration and APS-C sensor, it's not just mirrorless as there are other full size cameras mirrorless, but not good for all MF lenses. I don't know if you're suggesting other APS-C short registration cameras or 4/3, but I know I'm not interested in 4/3 and NEX images have been looking very good to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
great pictures with cheapo lens.

Well, low price I suppose, but very well built lens as with most from Minolta. I do remember this giving me very sharp images back in the day. This one impressed me as being quite sharp:

and this: