Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Macro Rokkor-QF f3.5/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject: Minolta Macro Rokkor-QF f3.5/50mm Reply with quote

I recently bought this macro lens and it really puzzles me. So I have a question about this lens and I hope somebody in this forum is able to give an answer.
So here it come, when visiting the web-pages of RED bailey and easypix.de, you are informed that the Minolta Macro Rokkor-QF 3.5/50 was first introduced in 1961 with a m39 mount and preset aperture. It is also being said that the lens apparently remained unmodified until 1967, where it was released with SR-bayonet and metercoupling. But the model I have bought is with preset aperture and SR-bayonet. And it seems that this model should not exist. My question is, has there ever been a model like mine, or is it a privately modified version, so that the silver ring with the bayonet is taken from another lens to replace the original M39 mount. Pictures are included for illustration.

My lens works fine and directly compared to a newer Minolta MDIII Macro 3.5/50, there isn´t much difference in picture IQ. Just a bit difference in contrast, probably due to different coatings.

I thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does look unusual, but I'm not 100% sure. I have an L39 model with a very close serial to yours (1102804) so maybe yours is somewhat of a rarity. A quick trawl of ebay revealed only L39 models of that type.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a M39 lens to me. Just screw off the L mount adapter.

Nice lens. I don't have one in my collection yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually does look like a L39 lens with an adapter L39 to SR attached. I'm rather sure that you can remove the bayonet adapter as there are no screws visible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery solved. I was not aware of the fact that there could be an adapter.
So thank you for pointing that out to me. The lens is with M39 thread.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens was originally sold with the adapter included. It's unusual that the lens still has the adapter. They mostly got separated over the years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue with the same lens, Serial # 1102096. I thought the same that possibly the L Adapter was on, but for the life of me if this is the case, I can not remove it, even with a lens spanner. Maybe it has welded itself to the mount over the years? Any suggestions on how to maybe loosen?

I thought the same thing until I read this post, that someone through the years, installed a SR mount in replacement of the M39 Mt.

I am new to this forum, so any help would be appreciated. Have been on rangefinderforum.com for 12 yrs.

Regards,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I made the mistake of taking this apart to hopefully be able to remove the adapter. Seemed pretty simple removing the three screws which held the chrome depth of field indicator ring in place, noting it's exact position. Unscrewed the lens barrels and took the rear mount piece off. Sprayed adapter with WD-40 and let set for two days. Still could not move it. Now I went to reassemble and for the life of me I can not get it back together as the focusing just doesn't jive in reassembly. Anyone ever have this apart and can give me a clue as to where to start???

Any help would be appreciated. Only youTube videos are on just cleaning up the lens optics.

Thanks for any help or suggestions..
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post some pics of where you're at, did you seperate the helicoid?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the helicoid is separated to a certain extent in that the rear portion of the lens mount is separated from the focusing helicoid.
I won't be able to send any pics until tomorrow as the lens is at my work, but i sincerely do appreciate any help or suggestions you may have. I have see many of your posts here and on rangefinderforum.com and know you have a lot of similar interests I do, especially when it comes to Topcor LTM lenses and pretty much any of the rangefinder type lenses for most types.

I will PM you tomorrow with some pics as I'm sure this might not be of general interest to many on this forum. I got this lens because of it's LTM roots even though it was intended for the SR cameras from Minolta, although I had originally read it might still be considered to belong to Minolta's LTM line up.
I'll be in touch tomorrow and thanks again for responding.
Gary