Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta lens cleanable?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Minolta lens cleanable? Reply with quote

Just curious: saw a lot of Minolta lens with internal haze in their description, is it fairly common and are they cleanable? If so, how should one proceed to get to the inside of the lens? From the front or from the mount? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta lens cleanable? Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Just curious: saw a lot of Minolta lens with internal haze in their description, is it fairly common and are they cleanable? If so, how should one proceed to get to the inside of the lens? From the front or from the mount? Thanks.

Not common, if described 'haze' is just fine dust inside that is common and cleanable and mostly don't need to clean. It makes shoots contrast less, but because you will use on digital body or scan negatives very easy to fix it in post processing. I bought several Minolta lenses none of them had haze.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. Have you tried opening one up or know where I can find instructions/direction of doing so?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally all old prime is very similar pickup one instruction from any lens cleaning and use it as guide. If you are unsure take a photo at each steps it helps to you when you will build lens again from parts and.... you can publish here as a nice tutorial Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping I can find someone else's tutorial (and their what not to do) before opening mine, I am kinda afraid to open from the mount for fear that I will break the aperture mechanism, so I am hoping that it is supposed to be open from the front element. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
I was hoping I can find someone else's tutorial (and their what not to do) before opening mine, I am kinda afraid to open from the mount for fear that I will break the aperture mechanism, so I am hoping that it is supposed to be open from the front element. Confused

There was a Japanese site ope repairing Minolta lens but it is now gone. I regard that I did not save it to my HDD.

Internet Archive Snapshot(All photos are gone)
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20090415094540/http://sa_ss.at.infoseek.co.jp/minolta/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but the pages are not archived... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember someone here was posting recently a very detailed disassembly manual.. but cannot find it unfortunately. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only found a video about converting to EOS mount, but not about disassembling and cleaning inner elements...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's one for cleaning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sK-iDytms

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which lens are we talking about? I've opened as lot of Minolta MC and MD lenses.

And haze is very uncommon. Fungus is quite common, and this will often damage the coating on earlier MC lenses.