Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Dynax 5 problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Minolta Dynax 5 problem Reply with quote

I picked up a nice Dynax 5 and 28-100 lens. I put a pair of CR2 lithium batteries in it and it doesn't fire up. I keep getting the flashing low battery indicator.

Is this something to do with the batteries or anything? They are brand new out of the packet and read a tad over 3v each so they are ok.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you looked at the obvoius battery compartment problems?

preferebly not a capacitor problem .. Confused

edit: silly idea: remove lens and try again, some shortcut problems removed?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maxxum 5 is a beautiful camera. I have one or two in my stash. I hope nothing more than dirty contacts is causing the problem. If you get it working, pick up a 70-210 f4 'Beercan'. I love using mine for film or digital.

Good luck
Phil

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
you looked at the obvoius battery compartment problems?

preferebly not a capacitor problem .. Confused

edit: silly idea: remove lens and try again, some shortcut problems removed?

Tried the only other lens I had and its the same

PWhite214 wrote:
The maxxum 5 is a beautiful camera. I have one or two in my stash. I hope nothing more than dirty contacts is causing the problem. If you get it working, pick up a 70-210 f4 'Beercan'. I love using mine for film or digital.

Good luck
Phil

The contacts are squeaky clean Phil. The camera is like new.

What a shame because I don't really like the Minolta AF bodies generally but this one I like very much.

I'll sell it for the lens for £15 (+PP) if anyone is interested. Otherwise it goes back to the shop before the end of the week.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

try leaving it switched on for a couple of days - without batteries - then switch off/on tae see if battery indicator doesn't flash. If so, switch off again insert batteries, hold breath and switch on... Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late now, I've got my money back.Thanks all for your replies.