Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta AR 2/100mm and MC 2/100mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Minolta AR 2/100mm and MC 2/100mm Reply with quote

Here's a - probably quite rare - image of the two

* Minolta SR-2 with the corresponding Minolta Auto Rokkor 2/100mm
* Minolta SR-T with the corresponding Minolta MC 2/100mm

Both lenses are like new, and the SR-2 looks nearly pristine as well. The Auto Rokkor 2/100mm was found in Basel, Switzerland; it belongs to my collector friend Guido Ehlers. The MC 2/100mm was bought from a typical "Brockenhaus" selling used stuff. It came with box, guaratee card and everything a collector can dream of. Interestingly, this lens originally was bought in 1972 near Zurich and a few month later replaced / exchanged with aother new MC 2/100mm, on guarantee.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb buy.Lucky you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Whoo Turtle Congrats

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! ... Switzerland looks like Xmas land...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I wish they made an MCII version.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cameras and lenses look immaculate. It seems that the Swiss are more careful than average with their photographic gears! Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super!!!!!!!!

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
The cameras and lenses look immaculate. It seems that the Swiss are more careful than average with their photographic gears! Laugh 1

I bought the Minolta SR-2 in Chur; she had belonged to a professional photographer who had died recently. Not that many SR-2 (about 20'000) were made; it was the very first Minolta SLR.

The SR-2 was accompanied by an early Minolta Auto Rokkor 1.8/55mm, a Steinheil München Tele-Quinar 4.5/200mm and a Steinheil München Curtagon 4.5/35mm. Our Swiss photographer had bought the SR-2 in New York, since Minolta cameras were not available in Switzerland in the early 1960s.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading a post on how good these are I sought one out. Amazing! My copy is the Auto Tele Rokkor PF in all black livery. It was sold as having "mold" damage to front element. The coating damage was apparent but I figured for a 100 dollars I'd risk it.
these are wide open resize only.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
After reading a post on how good these are I sought one out. Amazing! My copy is the Auto Tele Rokkor PF in all black livery. It was sold as having "mold" damage to front element. The coating damage was apparent but I figured for a 100 dollars I'd risk it.

Definitely worth it, and the images speak for themselves! One of the best lenses from Minolta imo. with balanced characteristics.

stevemark wrote:
Interestingly, this lens originally was bought in 1972 near Zurich and a few month later replaced / exchanged with aother new MC 2/100mm, on guarantee.

That's news to me as well. I thought it was only produced between 1966 and 1968 so to see official inventory being around in 1972 is interesting. Mine is the MC-I but actually the coating colour is the same as the AR lens on that SR-2, despite my serial apparently being later than your MC as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the MC version.

Excellent but not very good in high lights.

Except the elmarit 100, the best 100 I have used.

Congratulations

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many diaphragm blades has those primes? Otherwise good stuff. You must be happy with them. Congrats.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
How many diaphragm blades has those primes? Otherwise good stuff. You must be happy with them. Congrats.

7, slightly curved. Most Minolta lenses have 6 but here and there, a different number. For example, the AR-II 135mm F2.8 I owned before has 8 blades.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:

7, slightly curved. Most Minolta lenses have 6 but here and there, a different number. For example, the AR-II 135mm F2.8 I owned before has 8 blades.

I would expect from such high level lens like 100/2 something like this. 7 is enough though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
Teemō wrote:

I would expect from such high level lens like 100/2 something like this. 7 is enough though.

Absolutely. The 58/1.4 only has 6 but achieves less distracting blur than similar lenses with more, when stopped down. It's all about choosing a decent background, too.