Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 85mm f1.7 MC Rokkor-X Sony A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Minolta 85mm f1.7 MC Rokkor-X Sony A7R Reply with quote

All shoots are wide open
Non touched series, straight from camera jpegs.

Contrast fixed series

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, another Minolta I'd love to own. I actually prefer the lower contrast versions in most cases, but that's just personal taste. I was shooting one of my old 1960s J9 2/85s on my NEX this week and while it's a nice lens, it's lacking something so I have been thinking of finding something better, this Minolta 1.7/85 looks like it would be a suitable upgrade. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loooks like a bit softer than my copy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Still in the U.S.?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MD Rokkor 85mm f1.7 seems a bit unimpressive wide open compared to other options I have near that focal length, but when I use it on a focal reducer on my Fuji XT1 (RJ brand: $60 on ebay) it turns into a super sharp performer.

In fact, it was a good enough performance combo that it gave me just about the same Bokeh effects with a bit more sharpness than using my Canon FL55 f1.2 without a converter.

Of course, the reducer comes at a cost, the quality falls apart away from the center. but for portraits and creative photos, it's a great (tiny) addition to the camera bag.

Julian