Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 85/1.7 MD Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Minolta 85/1.7 MD Version Reply with quote

These are some sample shots from the Minolta 85/1.7 MD. This version differs optically from the MC version and was only produced for about a year before it was replaced by the 85/2. It was overcast and due to a lack of SD card space, I shot only jpeg. These are all wide open with the exception of the building shot, which was probably stopped down a couple of stops.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is very nice... and I like the last portrait also.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing wrong with those at all, the more I see and use Rokkors - the more I like them. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
There's nothing wrong with those at all, the more I see and use Rokkors - the more I like them. Cool

I started with mf lenses collecting Rokkors and then moved on to other brands. I must say though, when I put a Rokkors back on my camera I'm always amazed at how well it performs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, excellent images! I assume you did some post processing; what is the main "weakness" of this lens, which was corrected? Contrast?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

I started with mf lenses collecting Rokkors and then moved on to other brands. I must say though, when I put a Rokkors back on my camera I'm always amazed at how well it performs.

I am no longer amazed!!!! I generally expect the MC & MD Rokkors & MD to be very, very good.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnas wrote:
kenetik wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

I am no longer amazed!!!! I generally expect the MC & MD Rokkors & MD to be very, very good.

I agree dnas, I guess I meant I'm amazed when I compare it to all the other lenses out there. I went from rokkors to hexanons to series 1s to zuikos to takumars to yashicas and many more, and the best of the Rokkors are better or equal to everything else I have tried.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is what you could call a bad Rokkor out there, if there is I've not come across it yet, they are all very capable, they must've had a very good quality control. Such a shame they pulled out of photography a few years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent samples! I have a lot of MD lenses, but not this one (yet), i have even thought about selling all other lenses and only collect Minolta and Konica to shoot film and use them on NEX bodies. They're really good and always give me very pleasing results!