Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta 7s + Pro Image 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Minolta 7s + Pro Image 100 Reply with quote

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

6#

7#

8#

9#

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results! The 7s is a very underestimated camera!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I like this camera. I don't love it because of the plastic feel of the lens barrel.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos!
That is the Hi-matic, correct?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Minolta Hi-Matic 7s is the complete name

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked one of these up the other week for $30, came with the original case and a leather strap. This camera's surprisingly heavy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RubberFlubber: good price! I sold mine for 70usd, just a couple days after I published it. I really liked this camera, I kind of miss it, but I couldn't deal with the construction of the lens. The camera is very solid and metal build, the lens is fast and very sharp even wide open, but the body of the lens is very plastic for me and I don't feel comfortable with it. That's why I'm looking for a Zorki 4 or something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experience with the Hi-Matic E, basically a simplified 7. All you do is set the ISO and focus. It has a different lens, though -- a 40mm f/1.7, compared to the 7s's 45mm f/1.8. I wound up with the camera because I was a participant in a Send-a-camera-around-the-world exercise over at the Rangefinder forum. I had it for about a week or so, during which time I was able to use it for a variety of photo situations.

I didn't know what to expect. I mean, there were no controls besides ISO and focusing. Honestly, I didn't trust the camera to deliver much of anything worthwhile, but I dutifully shot a couple of rolls of color film with it -- I think it was Kodak 200, a safe film to use. And when I got the pics back from the developer, I was, to say the least, impressed. That little thing had taken some very impressive shots. So, I ended up being a reluctant believer of the Hi-Matic series.

A few weeks later, as coincidence would have it, I was given a Hi-Matic AF2, which was one of the last -- if not the last -- in the series. I has a different lens still -- a 38mm f/2.8. Substantially larger than the 7s and the E, plus it has AF. It is a true P&S camera. But it has no motorized film wind/rewind. Still has an honest film wind crank. I'm sure the AF2 takes good pics as well as the 7s and E, but I've never used it. Why? Honestly, it doesn't interest me the way the Hi-Matic and Canon QL17 and Yashica Electro 35 do. I appreciate those cameras for their manual control and the AF2's doesn't extend past ISO and the film crank. I did a brief look on the Internet on it, and it does toke nice, sharp pics. No surprise there.

So, I think it's safe to say, it probably doesn't matter which flavor of Hi-Matic you have -- it's a better than average picture taker and makes for a great, compact, walking around camera.

A few photos taken with the Hi-Matic E:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I picked up for $30 CAD. Haven't gotten any rolls with it developed, yet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog